Bournemouth 

9 minutes ago, maqroll said:

FWIW, this is what 538 has to say about it-

DtC5VHm.jpg

Brentford way too high. 

Forest too low.

Top 6 as above 

Agree with the next 5 but don't think it will be in that order. I'll go:

West ham, Villa, Palace, Brighton, Leicester.

Then Newcastle, Wolves,  Southampton Brentford. 

Bottom 5 could be anything but I'll go:

Leeds, Forest to scrape survival.

Everton, Fulham, Bournemouth to make up the bottom 3.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

not sure what I am looking at, so we have a better chance of qualifying for the Champions League than getting relegated

Considering we finished 26 points off Champions League last season and 10 points above relegation makes it harder to believe

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

not sure what I am looking at, so we have a better chance of qualifying for the Champions League than getting relegated

Considering we finished 26 points off Champions League last season and 10 points above relegation makes it harder to believe

I suspect they're greatly over-rating form over the second half of last season, which isn't particularly relevant. I agree with you that giving us a 3x greater chance of Champions League than getting relegated should be a sense check; in reality, even if it was reversed that would still be too generous to us. 2% Champions League to 10% relegated would be a 5x difference the other way and more plausible.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

FWIW, this is what 538 has to say about it-

DtC5VHm.jpg

But I keep reading we need a striker and midfielder to make top half? Ridiculous musings.

We can get 7th with no more signings, another the level of Kamara and Carlos and I expect us to beat the top 6 a fair few times even if we don't finish above them.

It feels really good to look at that table. We are finally back where we belong, pestering the top teams and forcing a reckoning across English football. 

6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

But I keep reading we need a striker and midfielder to make top half? Ridiculous musings.

We can get 7th with no more signings, another the level of Kamara and Carlos and I expect us to beat the top 6 a fair few times even if we don't finish above them.

We get a few injuries' (which we will) then we are back to the tired and tested crap we have in the squad. Watkins can't finish his dinner 50% of the time. Defense looks more solid with Carlos and Midfield looks better, but we are 2 injuries away from a crap midfield,  if we have to rely on Watkins and Ings for goals then 7th is not happening.  We need a new Striker! If an offer came in for Ings or Watkins then i would take it! 

Brighton wont finish 8th! I expect West Ham/Leicester,  Newcastle (if they can carry that form from the 2nd half of last season ) and us to make the top 10.

I dont think all the teams that came up will go down, Fulham i think will, they are a yo yo team! Everton i think will drop and it will be a toss up between Bournemouth and Leeds for the final place. 

Top 6 is set sadly - City to win the league at a canter, Liverpool 2nd, Spurs may push this season for 2nd! They have a pretty good Squad! 

Think arsenal are going to have a good season. utd will improve. not convinced about chelsea. think forest will just stay up and can see brentford really struggling. bournemouth will be down with plenty of games left to play

city

liverpool

arsenal

utd

spurs

chelsea

west ham

villa

leicester

wolves

newcastle

everton

palace

southampton

brighton

forest

fulham

brentford

bournemouth

Top half is very boring to predict these days so unless we have an outstanding season and get amongst them not really interested in it.

My bold prediction is Forest AND Fulham will both stay up. Think Everton will do better than people predict and Leeds and Southampton will go down with Bournemouth who'll be comfortable 20th.

Wolves also to be on fringes of relegation battle.

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

Think arsenal are going to have a good season. utd will improve. not convinced about chelsea. think forest will just stay up and can see brentford really struggling. bournemouth will be down with plenty of games left to play

city

liverpool

arsenal

utd

spurs

chelsea

west ham

villa

leicester

wolves

newcastle

everton

palace

southampton

brighton

forest

fulham

brentford

bournemouth

Your list is a mystery destined to be a cold case.

No leads.

Edited by AJ
Post in a post

Manc City

Liverpool

Chelsea

Arsenal

Tottenham

Leicester

Wet Spam

Man Utd

Villa