The Women’s European Championships 2022

Genie

Really enjoyed that, two high quality teams. Credit to Germany with Popp scoring two excellent goals.

England v Germany in a major final at Wembley, why not eh.

Rare game where TGB won't be sung at least unless Wembley way is invaded by the morons from last summer.

Edited by VillaChris

27 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I'm not really engrossed in this game for some reason. Most games I've really enjoyed watching but this is just a bit... scrappy.

I actually thought it was most balanced and highest quality game of tournament, some excellent moves by both teams. England-Spain was good aswell in fairness.

Think actually France would've been a hard match up for England based on this tournament but assume they've got a historical losing record to Germany so mental aspect will be tougher.

But then England haven't been Sweden for ages and comfortably dispatched them.

5 hours ago, HKP90 said:

So what do we think of our chances against Germany, then? 

I think we'll have too much for them. Normally when the Germans beat us we are underdogs, not this one. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I think we'll have too much for them. Normally when the Germans beat us we are underdogs, not this one. 

I like the positivity. From what I've seen of us this tournament (I think I've only missed one game), we can be slightly iffy at the back (despite not conceding much), but up front we're ruthless. I sort of hope Russo starts over White, although I expect an unchanged starting line-up. Seems to have worked so far though, so I wouldn't be too unhappy if that happened.

45 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I like the positivity. From what I've seen of us this tournament (I think I've only missed one game), we can be slightly iffy at the back (despite not conceding much), but up front we're ruthless. I sort of hope Russo starts over White, although I expect an unchanged starting line-up. Seems to have worked so far though, so I wouldn't be too unhappy if that happened.

Yes I just have complete belief in Wiegman. I dont think anything will stop us from winning the trophy.  Didnt matter who played us in the final. 

England midfielder Georgia Stanway says plenty of the men's national team have been in touch giving advice. 

"They've been at us, just giving us all the information they can," added Stanway. "They reached this point last year and we're just trying to make sure we can do one better". 

BBC

FFS, don't listen to them, girls. 

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

FFS, don't listen to them, girls. 

“Don’t make subs before the biggest penalty shoot out of your career? But Harry, we’re not the manager”

Edited by a m ole

Â