Nottingham Forest

Demitri_C

10 hours ago, useless said:

We signed a lot of players when we were promoted but a number of them were players that we had on loan in the championship, and we still used a lot of our championship players, our first line-up that season featured Taylor, Mings, Elmohamady, Hourihane, Grealish, McGinn, and El Ghazi, that' seven players that were with us in the championship, and I think most of those saw plenty of game time as the season progressed.

Forest have taken it to an whole other level, they've signed not just a new team, but a new squad, barely feels like the same team I watched at the end of the last season to see how Davis was getting on.

In fairness to Forest, they lost 5 first team players immediately on promotion (Spence, Davis, Zinckernagel, Garner, Lowe), lost Brice Samba (first choice keeper) over contract dispute and have also cleared out a further bunch of first team squad players who they’ve deemed not good enough (Figueredo, Grabban, Lolley, Bong, da Costa etc) so even to stand still on pure squad numbers, they’d have needed to sign at least 13 players. 3 of those signed have been immediately loaned out.

And then you’ve got the little gambles of additional quality that they’re hoping will keep them up (Lingard on free, Henderson, Lodi and Bade on loans).

It’s a vast squad turnover, but it was needed rather than just buying for the sake of it. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ender4 said:

Why? Bascially doing the same as Villa did when we got promoted, but with 3 years worth of football inflation since then.

We spent around £140m when we came up, that must be £200m in footballing terms now. 

We brought in half of what they have and they are dishing out huge wages. Plus the owner is a scumbag of the highest order.

• Like 1

It's the not the net spend, it's the quantity of players they've brought through, and the wages and what they will be saddled with if they go down.

Sure, we spent big but we had billionaire owners, a big ground, the players we bought were in a age bracket, price bracket, and wage bracket. If we went down it was a decent squad on managable wages provided we bounce back.

What Forest have done is absolutely wreckless. They don't have a billionaire owner. If they go down they are ****. Completely and utterly ****. It's ridiculous dealings

EDIT  : ...and not only is the owner not a billionaire, he doesn't strike me as the calm measured intelligent type like our owners and CEO. He strikes me as a crook, a moron and dodgy as heck. Forest will be buzzing, but my God the red flags are everywhere.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

What Forest have done is absolutely wreckless. They don't have a billionaire owner. If they go down they are ****. Completely and utterly ****. It's ridiculous dealings

EDIT  : ...and not only is the owner not a billionaire, he doesn't strike me as the calm measured intelligent type like our owners and CEO. He strikes me as a crook, a moron and dodgy as heck. Forest will be buzzing, but my God the red flags are everywhere.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It's the not the net spend, it's the quantity of players they've brought through, and the wages and what they will be saddled with if they go down.

Sure, we spent big but we had billionaire owners, a big ground, the players we bought were in a age bracket, price bracket, and wage bracket. If we went down it was a decent squad on managable wages provided we bounce back.

Good point, but to be fair, nice guys finish last. A crook could probably get us a CL title by being shady as **** and bending and even breaking the rules. 

So that might actually be in their favour. 😅

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Why are they ****, though?  I don't know what the wages involved are but they've lost a massive portion of their squad and then replaced it, based on Premier League monies.  A lot of the transfers are add-on heavy (presumably based on survival) and mostly involve younger players with resale value.

I just can't see it being an all or nothing scenario with regards to the welfare of the club long term.

(But their owner is definitely a shady character)

Edited by bobzy

Forest do seem to have spent their windfall like a lottery-winner and I think it would have been wiser to set aside some funds for January, when they might have different specific needs.

The main thing I think about is whether Steve Cooper can get so many new players playing his way in such a short time.

5 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Bournemouth 2 - Aston Villa 0

Forest 2 - Bournemouth 0 (at half time)

Says it all tbh.

I've learnt my lesson before - never post anything before or during a game :D 

• Haha 2

On 04/09/2022 at 11:56, Demitri_C said:

They are in massive trouble

Im expecting cooper to get the ax in next 5 if this continues

Yes, I bet he's fuming and didn't want half these players or even has a clue what to do with them, where to put them and how to play now.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Yes, I bet he's fuming and didn't want half these players or even has a clue what to do with them, where to put them and how to play now.

That squad is beyond bloated how the **** did they think this was a good idea?

On 04/09/2022 at 11:56, Demitri_C said:

They are in massive trouble

Im expecting cooper to get the ax in next 5 if this continues

Owner is definitely erratic. I reckon if they are anywhere near bottom 6 come October Cooper is gone.

Â