Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

sne

And Barca are reportedly back to the stage where they're not allowed to register new players due to their finances but that's not stopping them from signing new ones, already signed Kessie and Christensen 

Dembele will leave on a free, de jong will be sold 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

And Barca are reportedly back to the stage where they're not allowed to register new players due to their finances but that's not stopping them from signing new ones, already signed Kessie and Christensen 

Dembele will leave on a free, de jong will be sold 

Both  would do a job for us 

6 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Both  would do a job for us 

The latest de Jong rumour Ive seen was that utd were offering him a package that worked out as 24m€ a year 

Dembele has links this morning to Liverpool, Chelsea and bayern 

Both will go to a CL club 

Both have a decent potential to flop... For different reasons neither have fulfilled their potential at barca 

• Like 1

PSG signing Nuno Mendes on a permanent after the loan. About €40m.

Real Madrid apparently very close to signing  Aurelien Tchouameni for an eye watering sum. Guy is great thou and will be world class in a couple years if healthy.

28 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The latest de Jong rumour Ive seen was that utd were offering him a package that worked out as 24m€ a year 

Dembele has links this morning to Liverpool, Chelsea and bayern 

Both will go to a CL club 

Both have a decent potential to flop... For different reasons neither have fulfilled their potential at barca 

De Jong said he wont leave for Europa League so we have a chance 😉

25 minutes ago, sne said:

Real Madrid apparently very close to signing  Aurelien Tchouameni for an eye watering sum. Guy is great thou and will be world class in a couple years if healthy.

I'm always a bit skeptical of the never ending production line of the 'next superstar' midfielder from France. I include Kamara in that. Bakayoko and Ndombele are two that have never lived up to expectations. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm always a bit skeptical of the never ending production line of the 'next superstar' midfielder from France. I include Kamara in that. Bakayoko and Ndombele are two that have never lived up to expectations. 

Reigning world champions thou. France produces a lot of very good players on a yearly basis. They might not all become Kanté's or Makalele's but from what I've seen of Tchouameni he looks the real deal.

Will not be expected to be more than a squad player the first season considering the players they already have.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

Reigning world champions thou. France produces a lot of very good players on a yearly basis. They might not all become Kanté's or Makalele's but from what I've seen of Tchouameni he looks the real deal.

Will not be expected to be more than a squad player the first season considering the players they already have.

I'm curious what his signing will mean for Camavinga's (yet another likely world class french midfielder) gametime and development. 

Surely Casemiro remains first choice for them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

I'm curious what his signing will mean for Camavinga's (yet another likely world class french midfielder) gametime and development. 

Bit of a rebuild coming up with Kroos and Modric only having the odd year left most likely.

Not sure how a midfield of Casemiro, Camavinga, Tchouameni and Federico Valverde will line up but that's a pretty solid group to build around.

Casemiro is 30 apparently, I thought he was a few years younger :D 

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Bit of a rebuild coming up with Kroos and Modric only having the odd year left most likely.

Not sure how a midfield of Casemiro, Camavinga, Tchouameni and Federico Valverde will line up but that's a pretty solid group to build around.

Casemiro is 30 apparently, I thought he was a few years younger :D 

Their in a good place for a rebuild as they have a very good core of young players to build around and have been saving money to buy Mbappe which now isn't happening for at least 2 years. Whilst Benzema has had his best ever year they're going to need to replace him soon as he's mid 30s (unless Jovic comes good). 

It's a fantastic midfield to work with but as you say it's very defensive minded and I'm not sure how they'd line up. They're possibly hoping Reinier can step up in the same way Vini and Rodrygo have. 

They should sign Aouar for a bit more attacking input, to add to their French midfielder base and to annoy Arsenal. 

I actually thought Casemiro was older. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sne said:

PSG signing Nuno Mendes on a permanent after the loan. About €40m.

France have ridiculous options at CM for next decade given Camavinga has looked great in sub games for Madrid so should get more starts next season.

Seamless transition from Pogba-Kante era in next few years.

• Like 1

On 26/05/2022 at 20:32, VillaChris said:

He was gettable for us when he left Milan. Think they actually used the money we gave them for Traore to sign him permanently but could be wrong. We signed Ross Barkley instead...

Honestly Traore was the most annoying signing we've made I think.

So many great options around when he joined for some mental reason for £18m or whatever it was.

Wrong from the moment it happened, will be sold at a fat loss or released on a free in a few years.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Xela said:

They have a ridiculous amount of talent though, Camanvinga is looking good. Some won’t make it, but they do seem to train them well

10 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

So many great options around when he joined for some mental reason for £18m or whatever it was.

Wrong from the moment it happened, will be sold at a fat loss or released on a free in a few years.

Why was it wrong, he did well first season. He fitted Smiths system cutting in from the right. The problem arose when the season just gone he was injured for a lot of it and then doesn’t fit Gerrards system 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

They have a ridiculous amount of talent though, Camanvinga is looking good. Some won’t make it, but they do seem to train them well

I agree, huge amounts of talent but a lot are overrated IMO

Remember this fella:

Arsene Wenger confirms Arsenal bid £92m for 'complete' Thomas Lemar and says they will bid again next year

- Arsene Wenger tells Telefoot that Arsenal are still interested in Thomas Lemar

- The 21-year-old rejected a £92m move to the Emirates on transfer deadline day

- Wenger confirms the club-record offer was made and also plans to make another

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4848104/Arsenal-Arsene-Wenger-confirms-91m-bid-Thomas-Lemar.html

• Like 1

On 31/05/2022 at 20:19, Rds1983 said:

Tchouameni is a DM, Camavinga will be further forward in midfield.

22 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Bert did fine last season statistically, 5-6 goals and a few assists for a squad player. We've certainly made worse signings but does have the feel of one we'll have to loan out to try to get his value up given he barely played this season even when fit and Gerrard obviously dosen't rate him.

On 01/06/2022 at 00:36, Tomaszk said:

I remember when we signed him, I wasn’t impressed. I could have told you from the moment it happened that we’d be in a position where we’d be struggling to move him on a couple of years later. 

It was a daft sum of money for a very average player. 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I remember when we signed him, I wasn’t impressed. I could have told you from the moment it happened that we’d be in a position where we’d be struggling to move him on a couple of years later. 

It was a daft sum of money for a very average player. 

You knew we'd change manager to someone who doesn't play wingers? 

That's some skill there. 

Â