Kalvin Phillips

Delphinho123

Also the argument that it's less likely that he will suffer another unfortunate major injury by law of averages.

Like if you are scared of flying you should sit next to someone who has survived s plane crash - cos the chances of them being in a second plane crash are infinitesimal.

Granted, not a perfect analogy but still...

28 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Another in the overhyped midfield department, never seen anything that impressive from him for the price, like Bissouma I wouldn't pay more than 15 million for.

Looked out of his depth at the Euros playing with and against better players. I even seen him get dominated in the Championship 

Leeds are crap defensively without him. Don’t think he’s worth £60 million or whatever fee Leeds thinks he’s worth.

Not that I want to sign him anyway but you gotta give him some credit. He is a solid defender.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

11 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Not that minor? He had surgery on the hamstring and there’s was talk about surgery on the shoulder as well because it’s troubled him since last year,m (don’t know if they done it yet)

Shoulder and Hamstring are different parts of the body. What is a worry is recurring injuries, like Grealish shin problems, or a recurring leg injury etc.. 

Anyone can injure their shoulder or tear a hamstring. What the medical department need to assess of any potential signing is recurring injuries, not one off injuries.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheMelvillan said:

Also the argument that it's less likely that he will suffer another unfortunate major injury by law of averages.

Like if you are scared of flying you should sit next to someone who has survived s plane crash - cos the chances of them being in a second plane crash are infinitesimal.

Granted, not a perfect analogy but still...

Is it the same plane that already crashed that's been rebuilt they are flying on?

Some injuries certainly increase the risk of picking up additional injuries down the line. 

• Like 1

He's not a big enough upgrade on what we have, especially when you consider the price Leeds would charge. He's not great on the ball and unless he has a release fee if Leeds go down he's not worth it. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Didn’t he win our player of the tournament in the Euro’s? Or Englands player of the year? (I actually forget what he won exactly!)

I can understand why you’d criticise Phillips and everybody’s opinion is welcome, I just find it odd you’ve chosen his form in an England shirt as a negative. I think he’s been very good for our national team. 

From an outsider he looked poor, every first touch seemed to end in a tackle. Was a game England were pushing for a goal and it was laughable him trying to create stuff near the opposition box. It was like watching Nakamba on the ball

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

From an outsider he looked poor, every first touch seemed to end in a tackle. Was a game England were pushing for a goal and it was laughable him trying to create stuff near the opposition box. It was like watching Nakamba on the ball

https://www.englandfootball.com/articles/2021/Sep/01/20210109-kalvin-phillips-named-england-mens-player-of-the-year-2021

Maybe I’ve been watching different matches to you! 

Phillips and Bissouma would massively improve us in the middle I feel. 

If we had both, we could play a double pivot and 3 in front (a system I much prefer to the one we play). That said, I love what Gerrard is doing so he can play whatever formation he likes as long as we keep winning! 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

He may be crap at Manure but he was solid  for England during Euros.

Yeah he was fine. Just saying that performing for the national side doesn't always translate to being great for your club side.

Fwiw I think Phillips is good, but not for the money he'd cost. Also think they'd need to be relegated for him to move, at least to us.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Another in the overhyped midfield department, never seen anything that impressive from him for the price, like Bissouma I wouldn't pay more than 15 million for.

Looked out of his depth at the Euros playing with and against better players. I even seen him get dominated in the Championship 

This is rubbish, looked good in most games for England and then one particularly poor game. Remember this was for a team that went all the way to the final; if he was out of his depth he wouldn't have played at all and England likely would not have got to the final.

Look I'm not a massive fan (it might be his haircut) but he's decent and would potentially strengthen our midfield and add a bit of bite.

In regard to his injury record I think being at Bodymoor and at a far superior backroom team to guide, strengthen and improve him Villa could actually see him improve.

I'm kind of on the fence with Phillips but I thought I'd add some objectivity for a change!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Yeah he was fine. Just saying that performing for the national side doesn't always translate to being great for your club side.

Fwiw I think Phillips is good, but not for the money he'd cost. Also think they'd need to be relegated for him to move, at least to us.

Agreed. 

• Like 1

Â