Weekends Football 4/6 March

andykeenan

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

And yet they’ve still got 14 points more than us and are still in the running for CL.

In previous eras they'd be about 40 points ahead of us at this stage of the season.

Considering they added Ronaldo, Sancho and Varane to a team that finished 3rd and 2nd it's a poorer season I think than many they've had post Fergie. Just shows what happens when you neglected CM area so badly and so many of their defensive players had terrible seasons.

Think they've got Spurs and Liverpool next so they'll be out of the top 4 race by start of April and we may only be 7-8 points off them if we can ever re-arrange Burnley at home.

Just now, VillaChris said:

In previous eras they'd be about 40 points ahead of us at this stage of the season.

Considering they added Ronaldo, Sancho and Varane to a team that finished 3rd and 2nd it's a poorer season I think than many they've had post Fergie. Just shows what happens when you neglected CM area so badly and so many of their defensive players had terrible seasons.

Think they've got Spurs and Liverpool next so they'll be out of the top 4 race by start of April and we may only be 7-8 points off them if we can ever re-arrange Burnley at home.

I think there's the mental side to it too, they simply don't give a **** most weeks

But the fans will get the yellow and green scarves out long before they hound out the likes of maguire 

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

And yet they’ve still got 14 points more than us and are still in the running for CL.

They've got a squad full of exceptionally talented individuals.  They can coast through most games and come away with the points because somebody will do a bit of magic (not unlike how Villa eventually got out of the Championship) but it turns out the gap between where they are and where they want to be is kinda huge and requires a bit more than hoping Pogba/Sancho/Ronaldo/Bruno wins a game on their own. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

They've got a squad full of exceptionally talented individuals.  They can coast through most games and come away with the points because somebody will do a bit of magic (not unlike how Villa eventually got out of the Championship) but it turns out the gap between where they are and where they want to be is kinda huge and requires a bit more than hoping Pogba/Sancho/Ronaldo/Bruno wins a game on their own. 

I agree, just annoying that this is the worst Utd side in decades and they’re still there or thereabouts the CL places and they knocked us out of the cup even though we were the better team.

Â