Weekends Football 4/6 March

andykeenan

18 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

Maguire is comically bad. In no man's land for their goal.

Much worse for the second. Why on earth hasn’t he booted that ball out after De Gea made the save? 

Just now, Genie said:

There’s always talk about Ronaldo being an issue at United, then Maguire plays every week and wears the captains armband. It’s excellent. 

Fixed ;)

• Haha 1

Just now, HongKongVillan said:

Maguire is really shite, think Hause is better than him

Wouldn't go that far, but based on Chambers performances for us, I would have Maguire as 4th choice for us. He really isn't very good at all. As for the midfield, jesus.

It's absolutely astonishing a club can spend as much as Man United and have a core that's so absolutely dreadful. There's enough quality in the team to not let them fall down the table, but they have a good few regular starters I'd want nowhere near our first 11.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Ball carrier though isn't he 

Somebody has convinced him he is a modern centre back. When he tries to go into midfield and read the danger and make an interception it is one of the funniest things in football 

6 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

Maguire is really shite, think Hause is better than him

But good game for the neutral who wants to see manure getting slaughter though

Yep he wouldn't make our bench, at this stage I would rather re-sign Chris Samba or Ciaran Clark

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yep he wouldn't make our bench, at this stage I would rather re-sign Chris Samba or Ciaran Clark

For a comparison of ex villa defender he reminds me of Richard dunne, same amount of calamity but less mobile. At least I would think dunne would have cleared the ball for the second goal

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HongKongVillan said:

For a comparison of ex villa defender he reminds me of Richard dunne, same amount of calamity but less mobile. At least I would think dunne would have cleared the ball for the second goal

Potentially into his own goal though 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maguire isn't too bad aside from the fact he's a bit slow, alright very slow. He's just a bit stiff and immobile and he turns like a fridge and his positional sense is dire and he loses his head and rushes out constantly trying to win balls he has no chance of reaching. He doesn't have the ability or pace to make these errors and get away with it.  So really he doesn't have the intelligence of the position or to play to his strengths. Exposes himself constantly and makes himself look so shite.

Aside from that he's alright.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

When you look at Stones on the ball at the other end, they're chalk and cheese. 

It's hard to make a case for him starting for England.

There is a man called Gareth who will strongly disagree.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Maguire isn't too bad aside from the fact he's a bit slow, alright very slow. He's just a bit stiff and immobile and he turns like a fridge and his positional sense is dire and he loses his head and rushes out constantly trying to win balls he has no chance of reaching. He doesn't have the ability or pace to make these errors and get away with it.  So really he doesn't have the intelligence of the position or to play to his strengths. Exposes himself constantly and makes himself look so shite.

Aside from that he's alright.

That's the problem. Alright is ok for a Crystal Palace/Watford defender.

It just isn't good enough for one of the richest clubs in the world, with European aspirations, who decide to make that man a captain. 

11 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

That's the problem. Alright is ok for a Crystal Palace/Watford defender.

It just isn't good enough for one of the richest clubs in the world, with European aspirations, who decide to make that man a captain. 

Didn't he make the euros best 11? He's actually been very good for England on the whole under Southgate but yes a very poor club season and hitting 30 soon so Man. United going to take a big loss if they try to flog him to a Everton or Newcastle soon.

Â