Weekends Football 4/6 January

andykeenan

Just now, sidcow said:

I'm not sure you know. They had the Clough glory years but I think most of the time before that they were a second division club. A lot of people think they're traditionally a big club because of that 15 year period. 

I near made this point, but a 15 year period of relevance is more than any of the other clubs listed have had.

Brentford, Watford, Burnley? They may as well not have existed when history books of football are written, they're nothing clubs that make up the numbers for their entire history

• Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

I'm not sure you know. They had the Clough glory years but I think most of the time before that they were a second division club. A lot of people think they're traditionally a big club because of that 15 year period. 

I think they have a lot more years in the top flight then most imagine. I'm sure I saw a chart on here somewhere. I bet they have more years at the top then wolves too. Plenty of trophies too, but yeah, the Clough years had them at another level. Back when all it took was talent instead.of billion pound teams.

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I think they have a lot more years in the top flight then most imagine. I'm sure I saw a chart on here somewhere. I bet they have more years at the top then wolves too. Plenty of trophies too, but yeah, the Clough years had them at another level. Back when all it took was talent instead.of billion pound teams.

Here's the link, not much in it Sid.

https://www.myfootballfacts.com/england_footy/football-league/seasons-in-top-flight/

Table showing the Total Number of Seasons spent by Clubs in the Top Flight of English football from 1888-89 to 2021-22.

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Wolves 67

Birmingham 57

Forest 56

• Thanks 2

Just now, sidcow said:

This is what you get when you cut funding in mental health. Look at the **** state of him. 

Probably had half a bottle of hooch too, completely off his trolley. Not sure if you watched the whole video of it, the old bill made sure to take their time getting there, making sure the stewards are sitting on him first, lazy buggers.

• Like 1

Till criminals* like this get kicked out we wont have basic adult things like being able to drink a beer during a game. 

* upgraded from moron, thats too kind, that was a crime. You cant assault people. Full stop.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

3 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Till morons like this get kicked out we wont have basic adult things like being able to drink a beer during a game. 

Society thing imo 

Football is just a petri dish to watch the bacteria 

They'll never be kicked out of football because they're up and down the country every Saturday night doing the exact same thing 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

seeing a lot of twitter replies saying things like "hes no fan"

he is. we see 100s of him in villa away ends. throwing their beers around in the concourse and getting coked up in the bogs. guarantee he's a season ticket holder or at least a member.

he'll get a lifetime ban and probably prison time. but his arsehole mates who are exactly the same as him will be back next week

Coke in the bogs is absolutely rife nowadays 

Â