Weekends Football 4/6 January

andykeenan

1 minute ago, villarule123 said:

Would much rather PL games at the City Ground than Watford, Bournemouth & a few of the other promotion chasing teams. Proper atmosphere.

Yes add Ewood Park and Riverside stadium , 3 stadiums with 40k + maximum capacity stuck in the championship,  much better than these tiny compact stadiums down south.

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

Yes add Ewood Park and Riverside stadium , 3 stadiums with 40k + maximum capacity stuck in the championship,  much better than these tiny compact stadiums down south.

None of those stadiums are 40k but still stadiums I'd rather have in the PL than others. To be fair there's not many 'tinpot' grounds left in the PL now. Get Watford, Brentford & Burnley gone and it's almost the 90s again.

• Like 1

I watched Djed Spence last season for Middlesbrough, he looked raw he was still one of their standout players in an attacking sense, not sure what they were thinking of loaning him out to another championship team, he's only got one year left on his contract at the end of this season as well.

If we're going to replace Cash I think we'd want someone a lot more proven than Spence though, we'd be kind of signing player who's at where Cash was when we signed him, so wouldn't really be seen as a forward move. If Cash goes he will be replaced by someone that's done it in the top leagues.

2 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

None of those stadiums are 40k but still stadiums I'd rather have in the PL than others. To be fair there's not many 'tinpot' grounds left in the PL now. Get Watford, Brentford & Burnley gone and it's almost the 90s again.

And then Bournmouth come back up with their 11k capacity stadium 🤣

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

And then Bournmouth come back up with their 11k capacity stadium 🤣

Forest are traditionally a bigger club then all those, bigger then their opponents today too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Obviously not going to happen but when was the last time a side not in the top flight won the cup?

Was it Sunderland when they played Leeds? Nope.

Edited by Jono62

Blackburn is the best away day. Half the stadium handed over, Chinese Chippy, The Golden Cup and The Fernhurst. Spot the Blackburn fan, Villa everywhere you look. Fantastic stuff. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Forest are traditionally a bigger club then all those, bigger then their opponents today too.

I'm not sure you know. They had the Clough glory years but I think most of the time before that they were a second division club. A lot of people think they're traditionally a big club because of that 15 year period. 

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Indeed, would  be nice to see them back in the top flight,  they have a good coach in Steve Cooper, hopefully their owners wont do something stupid like sacking him for finishing 7th.

• Like 1

Â