Aston Villa Kits 22/23

Demitri_C

I think it's worth noting that our kit release dates aren't an error, They aren't caused by problems in our supply chain or by the changes in sponsor or the changes in kit company.

These are the timescales that the club has chosen, it's how they want to do things, the question was asked once at one of the supporters meetings and the answer from the clubs perspective is pretty much 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.

Personally I'd like to see us have our new kits released on the 1st June every year, it seems to me that would help increase sales so that people could wear the kit on holiday and through the summer, it seems to me that would lengthen the sales window and prevent difficulties with tight scheduling between the launch and the season kicking off, I think fans would like that.

The club doesn't. The club will release our kits towards the end of July because the club believes that's the best time to do it. There isn't a delay, it's a plan.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think it's worth noting that our kit release dates aren't an error, They aren't caused by problems in our supply chain or by the changes in sponsor or the changes in kit company.

These are the timescales that the club has chosen, it's how they want to do things, the question was asked once at one of the supporters meetings and the answer from the clubs perspective is pretty much 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.

Personally I'd like to see us have our new kits released on the 1st June every year, it seems to me that would help increase sales so that people could wear the kit on holiday and through the summer, it seems to me that would lengthen the sales window and prevent difficulties with tight scheduling between the launch and the season kicking off, I think fans would like that.

The club doesn't. The club will release our kits towards the end of July because the club believes that's the best time to do it. There isn't a delay, it's a plan.

Of which one reason could be that it’s harder to release earlier 👀

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

wolves prices for those interested

£55 for the normal fan shirt, £60 for the long sleeved (! did kappa even do them?) £40 for kids, £105 for the pro, £28 for the shorts, £15 for the socks, £42 for the toddler kit £38 for the baby

wouldnt have thought we'd be too far off that

unfortunately they've not revealed the training range yet but rangers have - 22/23 Players Training Collection - Rangers Store - hard to know if they will be templates or not, it all looks a bit simple and a bit one tone and boring but that could be a rangers thing

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe they release it late to try and sell as much of last seasons kit as possible in the sale. 

Maybe if they released the kit for sale in June early sales would make it so that there isn't stock left over in May?

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I suspect the reason is because they want to shift any unsold old stuff before the new kit came out. If they did this so soon i suspect no one would buy the old stuff and they stuck with alot of unsold things

44 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I suspect the reason is because they want to shift any unsold old stuff before the new kit came out. If they did this so soon i suspect no one would buy the old stuff and they stuck with alot of unsold things

Release it earlier, sell it earlier. Put it on sale earlier. Cycle would just shift a few months. At least then we'd have the new shirt for the time period that relates to the following season, for people to wear on holiday, for our signings to be unveiled in. 

I suspect we'd sell more if the timing was shifted a month or two earlier

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

£55 for the normal fan shirt, £60 for the long sleeved (! did kappa even do them?) £40 for kids, £105 for the pro, £28 for the shorts, £15 for the socks, £42 for the toddler kit £38 for the baby

That’s a lot of money for orange toilet paper. 

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Release it earlier, sell it earlier. Put it on sale earlier. Cycle would just shift a few months. At least then we'd have the new shirt for the time period that relates to the following season, for people to wear on holiday, for our signings to be unveiled in. 

I suspect we'd sell more if the timing was shifted a month or two earlier

Completely agree 

• Like 1

Don’t fanatics/kappa make the money on the kit sales? We already got paid. So why would the club care too much about how many kits were sold in the sale?

Theres so many factors it can’t just be pinned on, or resolved by, one thing.

Edited by a m ole

33 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Don’t fanatics/kappa make the money on the kit sales? We already got paid. So why would the club care too much about how many kits were sold in the sale?

Theres so many factors it can’t just be pinned on, or resolved by, one thing.

Good point. Maybe we get bonuses if they meet certain sales targets too. Probably unlikely in reality.

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's the kappa shirt from 2019/20

You can even see the feet from the twins logo on the shoulder 

And the weird shoulder seams

and the fact that it’s a very very bad photoshop by someone who’s never seen a football kit before

Edited by a m ole