Winter Break Friendlies

HalfTimePost

On 02/02/2022 at 09:16, MentalM said:

Dont you dare to swedify his name!

Only Swedes use "son" as the ending in last names of the Scandinavian countries. The two countries who are more classy and educated (Norway and Denmark) use the "sen"! Only swedes could get the idea to use C in anything as well, Danes and Norwegians dont :D

Did you know the Norwegian navy are the only navy in the world to have barcodes on their ships? It's so when the ships come back to port, they can scan da navy in. True story.

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Can someone explain to me why we aren't playing Leeds away on Saturday?

Both teams need to agree to a new rescheduled date. I am guessing that one of the teams didn't agree, probably Leeds as they have a lot of players out injured. It makes sense for them to delay the game as long as possible.

16 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Can someone explain to me why we aren't playing Leeds away on Saturday?

If I had to guess I'd probably say TV.

I'd imagine that the TV companies have their commitments to broadcasting FA Cup football in place and that the Premier League will want a date where they can get better exposure for the Leeds-Villa game in domestic and international markets.

I reckon there aren't enough broadcasters to give the game the platform that the Premier league wants on a weekend when those broadcasters are already tied into the FA Cup.

Just a guess.

34 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

If I had to guess I'd probably say TV.

I'd imagine that the TV companies have their commitments to broadcasting FA Cup football in place and that the Premier League will want a date where they can get better exposure for the Leeds-Villa game in domestic and international markets.

I reckon there aren't enough broadcasters to give the game the platform that the Premier league wants on a weekend when those broadcasters are already tied into the FA Cup.

Just a guess.

Burnley v Watford is a rescheduled game and is going ahead on Sat at 6pm on BT Sport. That's a real relegation 6 pointer which Toon will be praying for a 0-0 draw

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Fair enough, perhaps they got in first.

I would prefer us to have a game from a personal perspective but I think it is good to give the returning international players a bit of a rest and also good for SG to get a mini preseason in too. 

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

I would prefer us to have a game from a personal perspective but I think it is good to give the returning international players a bit of a rest and also good for SG to get a mini preseason in too. 

I'd love us to have a game, I think it's a real shame that the league weren't able to sort something out. It's clearly a game that both clubs would have been happy to play, so I'm guessing it's not being played for either contractual or commercial reasons.

20 hours ago, Seal said:

Did you know the Norwegian navy are the only navy in the world to have barcodes on their ships? It's so when the ships come back to port, they can scan da navy in. True story.

That explains why my ex-coastguard mate is a Newcastle fan, then. 

Viktig info: På grunn av rettigheter, legges det ikke ut oppdateringer eller bilder før kampen er ferdigspilt. Det vil heller ikke være mulig å se kampen på stream.

Important info: Due to rights, no updates or photos will be posted until the match is over. It will also not be possible to watch the match on stream.

I wonder if that means the game will be shown after the it's finished.

• Thanks 1

On 03/02/2022 at 12:38, Seal said:

Really like that one. Going to a hospitality weekend at my local junior club. Will be stealing it for sure. 

Â