Winter Break Friendlies

HalfTimePost

36 minutes ago, weedman said:

I think it's ridiculous that clubs moaned and moaned and moaned for years about the "need" for a winter break, about how no-one was thinking about the poor players. Now they get one and decide to go play a behind closed doors friendly because the players need matches to stay fresh 

Here we go. The first f*****g complaint.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I saw that Mings and McGinn were in Dubai… I assume they’re back now? Anyone know if they took part today?

Yeah think players were given like 5 days off after Everton game and back to training on Friday last week

43 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah think players were given like 5 days off after Everton game and back to training on Friday last week

Good stuff, thought it was nice that Mings and McGinn went away together, they’re a nice pair.

Edited by alreadyexists

1 hour ago, AV82 said:

Here we go. The first f*****g complaint.

I mean, 1) this isn't a Villa complaint, this applies to all the teams, 2) check my post history, I'm 99% positive about just about everything, and 3) I like watching football, specifically Aston Villa playing football. I don't enjoy no football in the summer, I don't enjoy international breaks and I don't enjoy an unnecessary 2 week winter break, sue me 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Ings had one goal disallowed for offside after tapping in a rebound from a Carney shot. Brentford 1-0 up shortly after following a defensive mistake.

'Defensive Mistake' I'm surprised, unlike us

Footballer Imaginess — Niece & Nephew

Edited by messi11

1 hour ago, weedman said:

I mean, 1) this isn't a Villa complaint, this applies to all the teams, 2) check my post history, I'm 99% positive about just about everything, and 3) I like watching football, specifically Aston Villa playing football. I don't enjoy no football in the summer, I don't enjoy international breaks and I don't enjoy an unnecessary 2 week winter break, sue me 

You'd rather we play without Coutinho, Buendia and Martinez whilst they're away on international duty? Cool.

47 minutes ago, AV82 said:

You'd rather we play without Coutinho, Buendia and Martinez whilst they're away on international duty? Cool.

I'd rather just watch competitive Villa games. Perhaps you're not interested in that and you're only interested in seeing particular players, fine, knock yourself out, but I'm not a Coutinho fan, or a Buendia fan, I'm an Aston Villa fan. Hell, I'd have probably watched the friendly if it had been available to watch, but it was not. 

I'd rather every player available for every match, but given a choice between missing a few players for a game and missing the game altogether I know what I'd choose. 

Also also, I really don't think it's that big a deal, I was only really pointing out the hypocrisy of the whole thing, and saying I think it's ridiculous. I don't care about Klopp and Guardiola complaining their players are too tired and they're being forced to play their backup players who only cost £50m a pop.

3 hours ago, Xela said:

We all know the real reason for the winter break - lucrative friendlies in Qatar, UAE, China, Malaysia, etc

This I agree with. This is the reason for the break. Give it a few years and all the leagues will sync something up so the big boys can get a bit of extra cash. The only losers are the fans, and no-one really cares about them. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, weedman said:

I'd rather just watch competitive Villa games. Perhaps you're not interested in that and you're only interested in seeing particular players, fine, knock yourself out, but I'm not a Coutinho fan, or a Buendia fan, I'm an Aston Villa fan. Hell, I'd have probably watched the friendly if it had been available to watch, but it was not. 

I'd rather every player available for every match, but given a choice between missing a few players for a game and missing the game altogether I know what I'd choose. 

Also also, I really don't think it's that big a deal, I was only really pointing out the hypocrisy of the whole thing, and saying I think it's ridiculous. I don't care about Klopp and Guardiola complaining their players are too tired and they're being forced to play their backup players who only cost £50m a pop.

This I agree with. This is the reason for the break. Give it a few years and all the leagues will sync something up so the big boys can get a bit of extra cash. The only losers are the fans, and no-one really cares about them. 

It's one weekend mate. Chill.

49 minutes ago, weedman said:

It's not a "winter break", it's a designated international weekend. There's like 4 or 5 a season at least and has been for a while. This is nothing new.

15 hours ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Great news for Bees with Raya and Dasilva both playing.Hopefully back in the first team along with Erickson soon 

You'll fit in just fine around these parts.

Edited by sparrow1988

16 hours ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Erickson

Dont you dare to swedify his name!

Only Swedes use "son" as the ending in last names of the Scandinavian countries. The two countries who are more classy and educated (Norway and Denmark) use the "sen"! Only swedes could get the idea to use C in anything as well, Danes and Norwegians dont :D

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

Â