Winter Break Friendlies

HalfTimePost

15 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I think winter break is for loading players. A few players will be given more of a break than others etc.. Clubs can decide what they deem best themselves is the advantage

Don't the scum 6 do this anyway in squad rotation? If you don't play in Europe and get knocked out early in the cups (which alas we do quite often) the average PL side barely plays more than 40 games over 9 months. The championship probably needs to have a winter break more than the PL given they play 8 more games and the calendar is really condensed as they have to stop for internationals unlike leagues one or two. But nobody really cares about the efl outside of the UK.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MentalM said:

Dont you dare to swedify his name!

Only Swedes use "son" as the ending in last names of the Scandinavian countries. The two countries who are more classy and educated (Norway and Denmark) use the "sen"! Only swedes could get the idea to use C in anything as well, Danes and Norwegians dont :D

wow, i never know that as Scandinavians names confused me as all different Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, maybe Finland is it part of same Scandinavians? or not?.

now what different, thanks for education information.

Confirmed here:

https://direkte.vg.no/sportsdognet/news/molde-moeter-aston-villa.mbBmt5pTI?utm_source=vgfront&utm_content=hovedlopet_row5_pos1

Helgens treningskamp mot Brattvåg er avlyst. Isteden reiser Molde til England for å møte Aston Villa, som ledes av Liverpool-legenden Steven Gerrard.

Google translate says:

This weekend's training match against Brattvåg has been canceled. Instead, Molde travels to England to meet Aston Villa, led by Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard. - We received a request if we could come to England and meet Aston Villa on Saturday. When such opportunities arise, it is a great arena for us to try, also considering the opponents we may face in Europe later, says Molde director Ole Erik Stavrum. He states that the match will probably not be televised due to English rules. The Premier League currently has a winter break and Aston Villa's next counting match is the home game against Leeds on February 9, as Villa are out of the FA Cup after the 0-1 loss to Manchester United earlier in January. Now they will keep in shape with a training match against Molde. Villa is currently number eleven in the Premier League.

• Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, May-Z said:

Brattvag kicked to the side like a cheap little bitch.

I think Brattvåg will survive postponing it since its still 2 months until the first league match this season in Norway 😆

4 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

Indeed looks like a preseason 2.0.  Hopefully they team will have honed in on some of SGs new tactics.

That's the thing, hopefully. Also gives game time to Chambers, Sanson, Hause etc.. 

"When such opportunities arise, it is a great arena for us to try, also considering the opponents we may face in Europe later, says Molde director Ole Erik Stavrum." I like this Ole!

12 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Can someone explain to me why we aren't playing Leeds away on Saturday?

Because they don't want to lose to us twice within a week? ;)

13 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Can someone explain to me why we aren't playing Leeds away on Saturday?

It's because we would be playing them back to back. 

I imagine we'll have a game scheduled for 2nd March when the 5th round of the FA cup is on. That will give us a nice added "winable" game to our 5 game run of fixtures. 

Southampton should be playing that day in FA cup and we then play them on Sat 5th. So would be ideal as we'll both have a game on that Wednesday

Edited by CVByrne

Â