Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 minute ago, string28 said:

Twitter rumors 40 million is what villa want for luiz 😂 

Why not?

If he is determined to go, we need to try and get as much as we can.

Actually don't see anything wrong with that.

The club don't actually want to sell him by accounts.

About time we started being a bit " Levy " ish

• Like 3

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Yet some fans think we are having a decent day….it’s comical!

getting bednerek on loan as cover for carlos isn't the worst deal in the world. nor is dendonker as possibly a ramsey upgrade.

the sucess of the window depends on what happens after that though.

luiz leaving with no replacement = bad day

luiz leaving with a good replacement (i.e. gallagher) = good day

the problem is that luiz has shone because the midfield has been so dreadful and he's scored a couple of goals from corners (make no mistake, he wont be scoring any more now - teams will be wise to it)

if you said to us at the start of the window we would replace luiz for someone better, most would've been pretty happy with that

8 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We have signed Dendoncker who is a replacement for Luiz. Kamara moving to 8 so we've a better midfield balance

Kamara is a 6. Of course he can play 8 but he’s a 6 and said he wants to play as a 6 and he enjoys that role.

Might be against popular opinion but taking £25 mil for Doug is a no brainer if he is clear he wants to leave and is not going to sign a new contract.

He has some good moments but over 3 years have we really thought he is totally amazing player to build a team around? No, not really.

He may have been played out of position for the majority of the time he has been with us but  perhaps its time to let go.

I will now put my tin hat on.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

getting bednerek on loan as cover for carlos isn't the worst deal in the world. nor is dendonker as possibly a ramsey upgrade.

the sucess of the window depends on what happens after that though.

luiz leaving with no replacement = bad day

luiz leaving with a good replacement (i.e. gallagher) = good day

the problem is that luiz has shone because the midfield has been so dreadful and he's scored a couple of goals from corners (make no mistake, he wont be scoring any more now - teams will be wise to it)

if you said to us at the start of the window we would replace luiz for someone better, most would've been pretty happy with that

Just can’t agree with the first part of that.  Bednarek is no better than Hause but is only coming in to start given WC year…..so poor deal.  Dendoncker is bang average and should be a bench player but a midfield of Kamara, McGinn and Dendoncker is frightening.  Poor Kamara, coming to play with that!

2 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Hello, @rjw63's bird has piped up again...

Palace won't pay for the asking price, Villa feel a deal can be made.

For you lazy bastards.

Amine Gouiri is to be watched for the next few hours. Offer coming from #avfc , while #cpfc favors a loan to buy a move.

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Might be against popular opinion but taking £25 mil for Doug is a no brainer if he is clear he wants to leave and is not going to sign a new contract.

He has some good moments but over 3 years have we really thought he is totally amazing player to build a team around? No, not really.

He may have been played out of position for the majority of the time he has been with us but  perhaps its time to let go.

I will now put my tin hat on.

Love the money because a year left but losing a midfielder if not quality replacement comes in is just plain dumb especially in the league we are in.

Having Luiz for a year is better than having the money and no replacement 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

For you lazy bastards.

For the other lazy bastards...

More on this. #cpfc not ready to meet Nice's asking price. Aston Villa are finalizing an offer and a confident deal can be made.

Some random Spaniard on twitter saying Edgar Gonzalez from Real Betis is done, 4year deal €9m rising to €12m plus add ons.

Or as it's known, they're all coming out the woodwork.

Another numpty reckons Jack Harrison coming from Leeds for £40m.

Are they back at school yet?

57 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

These 2 Bednarek and Dendoncker, I'm convinced are not players Gerrard would bring in. He wants 1 or 2 technical players, as he keeps bemoaning what we have. Not sure why he refused Sarr, but I believe these players are coming in for the next manager. 

We can live in hope I guess.

if thats true not a very good manager

• Like 1