Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Edouard Michut deal between PSG and Sunderland has stalled. We should be on the phone to PSG for him and Diallo - €15mill gets you both apparently. 

Then Otavio / dream Yeremy Pino and squad feels more balanced. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Edouard Michut deal between PSG and Sunderland has stalled. We should be on the phone to PSG for him and Diallo - €15mill gets you both apparently. 

Then Otavio / dream Yeremy Pino and squad feels more balanced. 

Do we need another attacking midfielder in Otavio though?

27 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Brighton linked with Christian Kaoume bound to be good if they’re going for him.

Transfer strategy/scouting department should just copy Brightons targets. 

Then again - those players get developed and taught proper tactics, would they get that here and actually turn into big time players?

Edited by trillvillan

9 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

From Craig Dawson's FB Ref page, so at least we know how the scouting department works 

Screen Shot 2022-08-29 at 9.48.24 AM.png

A part of me thinks Ben Mee would've been brilliant for us - especially the CB situation we have now. 

Also Pontus Jansson is quality. 

The fact that we aren’t hearing any links is really worrying. Only 3 days to go and then we have to go with what we’ve got. If that’s true then I expect Purslow to come out and realign his expectations to the quality of our team upgrades. No way we get anywhere near Europe with this first 11, no matter who the manager is.

I thought that last summer was a disappointment but this is just as bad. If the board are going to talk us up then they need to back it up with some action in the next 3 days. We need at least 3 ins and then if things don’t improve they can get in a new manager. Sacking Gerrard will not massively improve things in my mind unless the new manager has a better balanced squad than what we currently have.

4 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Do we need another attacking midfielder in Otavio though?

He can play on the right or centrally and presume they believe he can be an effective 8 given his stats… Don’t know about him tbh . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, trillvillan said:

A part of me thinks Ben Mee would've been brilliant for us - especially the CB situation we have now. 

Also Pontus Jansson is quality. 

Destroyed Wesley’s career and detailed Gomez’s and Jansson though good in the championship is a prized knob jockey … 

E2D102E7-C1DD-4EA6-93EC-BC14ACAF7790.png

4 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

The fact that we aren’t hearing any links is really worrying. Only 3 days to go and then we have to go with what we’ve got. If that’s true then I expect Purslow to come out and realign his expectations to the quality of our team upgrades. No way we get anywhere near Europe with this first 11, no matter who the manager is.

I thought that last summer was a disappointment but this is just as bad. If the board are going to talk us up then they need to back it up with some action in the next 3 days. We need at least 3 ins and then if things don’t improve they can get in a new manager. Sacking Gerrard will not massively improve things in my mind unless the new manager has a better balanced squad than what we currently have.

I actually think the lack of links means we are deep in conversations for multiple targets. Where have the past few seasons  recent leaks come from - foreign press so they selling club and I’ve been told we use NDA’s extensively.  

We've  proven that we do our business in the shadows quietly and if we see being linked in the media with players it’s normally gunna just be agent talk. 

Edited by thabucks

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

I actually think the lack of links means we are deep in conversations for multiple targets. Where does most of the recent leaks come from - foreign press. 

we’ve proven to do our biomes in the shadows quietly and if we see being linked in the media with players it’s normally gunna just be agent talk. 

Hope you’re right mate. Why have we been so inactive for so long though? We went early and then nothing at all has happened since. It’s all a bit disconcerting.

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Destroyed Wesley’s career and detailed Gomez’s and Jansson though good in the championship is a prized knob jockey … 

E2D102E7-C1DD-4EA6-93EC-BC14ACAF7790.png

Terrible tackle, yes. I'm not gonna hold a grudge over it tho, its footy. Our opinions def differ on that - I'm not criticizing. But I do think either Mee or Jansson could do a job for us 'at times'. 

I would never want them to be automatic starters - but if we could've gotten 1 on a free as a backup, 3rd/4th choice and fill a void in the mean time, I would've taken the offer.