Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

37 minutes ago, Awol said:

So you want to keep AEG, in case a new manager can polish that turd, correct?! Look, you have a relentlessly negative, almost cartoonish view of the club. Everything is ‘rotten’, rubbish, and irredeemable.

We have Lange, an entire professional scouting department, and a squad that needs additions before the window closes. That isn’t dependent on ‘deh-do-doh-don’t-dey’ recruiting people he used to play with. 

If you are right and we don’t sign another player then fair enough, I’ll happily admit that. But when we do sign new players I wonder if you’ll admit how wrong you were? We’ll see.

I have a very negative view of the club because we have been playing like utter crap since we beat Palace at the end of 2020. That was the last game where I thought we were actually pretty decent. Nothing that has happened since then has convinced me that we are on the right path. We are a joke. 

What are we saying about signings then, does signing Bednarek on loan count? My view on this is that we are not signing players who are going to improve our starting 11. If signing backup players counts in your eyes then yes, I am likely to be wrong. But it will still be a far cry from the millions people expected us to spend on bringing in top quality players all over the pitch. Let’s be honest, many expected an overhaul.  

Edited by Tayls
  • Thanks 1

We are far from a joke just because Gerrard hasn’t met  some fans expectations. Are we where we want to be probably not. Is Gerrard the right man - probably not. Is the sky gunna fall in - probably not… 

I get people are angry but the constant baying for blood and hyperbole is getting way out out of hand. We are completing with 19 other clubs at the top table and the toughest football league in the world. It’s not great right now but it’s also not Dr X Wyness and Bruce days either - a **** cabbage was thrown from the stands by a old man FFS … 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 4

If the club is not going to sack Gerrard, then they need to back him and bring in the players that this squad desperately needs. The manager isn’t good enough, but that doesn’t change the fact that the squad isn’t good enough in places either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Keener window-cleaner said:

What makes me a bit angry is the thought that we could have had Bailey and Sarr on each wing, would have been so exciting to watch!

Bailey right, Coutinho left and Buendia behind a striker

Its too obvious and sensible for Stevie Me because Liverpool dont play that way

15 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If the club is not going to sack Gerrard, then they need to back him and bring in the players that this squad desperately needs. The manager isn’t good enough, but that doesn’t change the fact that the squad isn’t good enough in places either.

This. The club must come before all else and we all know the squad has its deficiencies which must remedied without delay.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

What makes me a bit angry is the thought that we could have had Bailey and Sarr on each wing, would have been so exciting to watch!

we could, but he wouldnt play them anyways.....

5 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

This. The club must come before all else and we all know the squad has its deficiencies which must remedied without delay.

So say the club does what you say and gets in some quality additions, say a top drawer midfielder. It is redundant with gerrard here because he'll play mcginn for 90 mins. 

Until SG goes, the club cannot move forward no matter who we sign.

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Bailey right, Coutinho left and Buendia behind a striker

Its too obvious and sensible for Stevie… 

Hard to argue with this ! All 3 interchanging and popping up all over the place. But no he persists with a midfield formation which blatantly isn’t ever gunna work. We have the players bar one in Diallo to field this XI 

9BE9E299-6D28-4C46-9BE8-67149399D274.jpeg

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 2

Once more… there is no better signing we can make other than a new manager that is actually competent and actually knows how to coach and set up a team to get the best out of the players at his disposal…

How much would you pay for a CB who is full of confidence? £30m?

How much would you pay for potentially one of the most creative midfielders in the league? £50m?

How much would you pay for a solid midfield engine in a clearly defined role? £30m?

Save £110m+, pay off Gerrard and get a renewed Mings, Buendia, Luiz and probably more.

This squad should be fine for top half even with no investment.

• Like 3

Need to fix the frontline though. I like Ollie, but we need a target man. Honestly, today, I think Davis could've helped. I don't think he's prem level, but we crossed it so many times. Would help if Digne could clear the first man, but he has to hit them low because Ings and Ollie are small or lightweight. Needed to bring a John Carew off the bench.

23 minutes ago, ejvilla said:

Need to fix the frontline though. I like Ollie, but we need a target man. Honestly, today, I think Davis could've helped. I don't think he's prem level, but we crossed it so many times. Would help if Digne could clear the first man, but he has to hit them low because Ings and Ollie are small or lightweight. Needed to bring a John Carew off the bench.

Sasa Kalajdzic would’ve been a good player for us but off to Wolves sadly. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ejvilla said:

We dont need a targetman at all unless we are playing hoofball

we just need an actual manager