Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

4 hours ago, MellbergsBeard said:

Why are we going for another left footed CB? It seems like Gerrard still wants to replace Mings

Hause has left?

I want us to have two LCBs and 2 RCBs.

Don't think we're only allowed to have one.

Also, although I prefer respective sided feet on each side, similarly to how we sometimes have two right footers starting. We could very well have 2 Left footers starting.

Ming's is our only Left Footed CB 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I think we will get one of these defenders we've been linked to, either on loan or on the cheap.  But that'll be it.

Yeah gone from being delighted with summer after signing Kamara and Carlos to (currently) disappointed.  

Fabulous we’ve signed those two players (plus made Coutinho perm) but we needed more and thus if it stays the same way it’s a disappointing window for me.

I wondered if it was just because we signed those two so early and maybe there is something in that but before last season finished I thought we needed to do more than what we have so I don’t think it’s just because of that.  I think we haven’t done enough business to progress this side.  

Disappointing if it remains this way at the close of the window.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Hause has left?

Also, although I prefer respective sided feet on each side, similarly to how we sometimes have two right footers starting. We could very well have 2 Left footers starting.

Hause signed for Watford

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Yeah gone from being delighted with summer after signing Kamara and Carlos to (currently) disappointed.  

Fabulous we’ve signed those two players (plus made Coutinho perm) but we needed more and thus if it stays the same way it’s a disappointing window for me.

I wondered if it was just because we signed those two so early and maybe there is something in that but before last season finished I thought we needed to do more than what we have so I don’t think it’s just because of that.  I think we haven’t done enough business to progress this side.  

Disappointing if it remains this way at the close of the window.

Even more disappointing that Carlos got injured, we are 1 injury or suspension to Kamara away from having the exact same starting XI as last season,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Hause has left?

People are memory holing Carlos and Ty together already to score points. 

As much as I like Tyrone, I think it’s obvious Gerrard wants a replacement/challenger for him rather than Konsa/Chambers. Even against Bolton you could see that as soon as you put him under pressure he plays some absolutely suicidal passes/clearances. 

Other than Bednarek - who I think might be cover for games where we’re up against bigger more aerial teams, we’re constantly linked to left footed centre backs.

I would ideally sign both Diallo and Bednarek, but five fit centre backs is a bit bulky.

1 minute ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

As much as I like Tyrone, I think it’s obvious Gerrard wants a replacement/challenger for him rather than Konsa/Chambers. Even against Bolton you could see that as soon as you put him under pressure he plays some absolutely suicidal passes/clearances. 

Other than Bednarek - who I think might be cover for games where we’re up against bigger more aerial teams, we’re constantly linked to left footed centre backs.

I would ideally sign both Diallo and Bednarek, but five fit centre backs is a bit bulky.

Calum can double as RB and DM too. 

6 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

He had replaced Tyrone, with Diego. But then that backfired drastically in more ways than one… 

Edited by Tayls

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

He had replaced Tyrone, with Diego. But then that backfired drastically in more ways than one… 

Carlos and Mings played together against Everton, then Carlos got injured so that might be a bit of a stretch.

Just now, daft said:

Carlos and Mings played together against Everton, then Carlos got injured so that might be a bit of a stretch.

I think Mings and Carlos could have formed a pretty decent partnership, Mings definitely would benefit from having someone more assured beside him.

4 minutes ago, daft said:

I honestly don’t think that was the original plan. Especially after what happened at Bournemouth. 

Just to add, I’m very much in the Mings should play group. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

Just now, duke313 said:

I think Mings and Carlos could have formed a pretty decent partnership, Mings definitely would benefit from having someone more assured beside him.

I think so too. Carlos seem to be the better ball player and withstands pressure, Mings commanding in the air. I think they complement each other well on paper. 

Just now, Tayls said:

I honestly don’t think that was the original plan. Especially after what happened at Bournemouth 

Maybe? But that is pure speculation tbf. Mings had a knock is what we know the club has said.

2 minutes ago, daft said:

Maybe? But that is pure speculation tbf. Mings had a knock is what we know the club has said.

Yea we’ll never know for sure. I’d guess that the overall plan will be to replace bother Mings and Konsa fairly soon with whoever Gerrard wants. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

Yea we’ll never know for sure. I’d guess that the overall plan will be to replace bother Mings and Konsa fairly soon with whoever Gerrard wants. 

Possibly. Fine by me if so, as long as the lad brought in improves us. 

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Who said Gerrard wants to replace Mings? He wasn’t 100% for Bournemouth and just started the last 3 games! 

I think its a fair guess. We signed a defender who plays in his position, stripped him of the captaincy and he didn't play the first game. 

A disgraceful performance and an injury to Carlos has changed everything and We'll never know for sure but I don't think it's a crazy theory.