Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Sometimes the solution isn’t to just throw more money at it.

i know loans are far from free but i wouldn't call loaning a player who made 20 league appearances for the 3rd placed PL team last season "throwing money at it"

he would improve the squad. it's not like we're signing some 30 year old journeyman on a 6 figure, 4 year contract. it would be a sensible move, IMO

20 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Not a chalobah fan, I thought he was completely dominated by Watkins and Ings when we played them last year, Chelseas comeback came once they subbed him off. Never seen any evidence that he's better than Chambers and Konsa.

One game? You’re basing your opinion on one game?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

One game? You’re basing your opinion on one game?

Nope, watched him a few times including once in the flesh. As mentioned, I've not seen any evidence that's he's better. As you correctly read, it's an opinion, sort of the point isn't it that we share them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Nope, watched him a few times including once in the flesh. As mentioned, I've not seen any evidence that's he's better. As you correctly read, it's an opinion, sort of the point isn't it that we share them.

He was good enough to make 20 league appearances for Chelsea last season though.

Just now, duke313 said:

He was good enough to make 20 league appearances for Chelsea last season though.

I also think konsa and chambers could have managed that playing alongside Thiago Silva and Rudiger. Last time we applied the good enough for Chelsea logic we ended up with Ross Barkley and Danny Drinkwater.

I don't see the value in replacing unless it's with an improvement. I don't think Chalobah is. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I also think konsa and chambers could have managed that playing alongside Thiago Silva and Rudiger. Last time we applied the good enough for Chelsea logic we ended up with Ross Barkley and Danny Drinkwater.

I don't see the value in replacing unless it's with an improvement. I don't think Chalobah is. 

He has the potential to be better than both, but if there is no option to buy then it’s pointless.

Why is it pointless to bring in a shot term loan when in 12 months Carlos, Feeney, Swinkels and Bogarde should hopefully be in and around the first team squad ? What is pointless is blocking off routes to the first team just for the sake of it. 

17 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He has the potential to be better than both, but if there is no option to buy then it’s pointless.

That I agree with. He's quite inexperienced, I don't understand why we want to help another teams youngester develop while Carlos heals. 

Looks like it real is Jan bloody Bednarek. Gregg Evans reporting.

What a waste of £15 Million! 

Lange and Purslow need to be looked at.

Edited by messi11
  • Haha 1

Gregg Evans reporting as well that we've moved for Bednarek. 

I don't really understand a move like that. He's OK but at the same time probably one of the first players you'd pick to upgrade upon in Southampton's side in recent seasons. He's not exactly comparable in style to what Carlos brings nor arguably even an improvement on Chambers so...why?

Edited by Indigo

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

From the only saints season ticket holder I know..

’Him and Stephens are the reason our defence is so horrendous’

Depressing times at the Villa right now

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Looks like it real is Jan bloody Bednarek. Gregg Evans reporting.

What a waste of £15 Million! 

Lange and Purslow need to be looked at.

This is pathetic if true, I’d rather just keep Hause.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

This is pathetic if true, I’d rather just keep Hause.

I'd rather Keep Hause or play with 10 men. Save the 15 mil. 

Edited by messi11
  • Confused 1