Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 minutes ago, villan501 said:

We need to add to Kamara in midfield someone to complement him.not shove him to CB and replace him from midfield and make no push forward due to a pathetic weak Midfield.

Sarr should be a possible addition not direct replacement for Kamara in midfield.

We need to play 11 players in a formation that will get us wins. We are down our 1st choice CB. It was suggested we get Sarr. All I did was highlight that if we got Sarr it would give us flexibility to play Boubs at CB. Yes, that would be at a cost to the midfield but arguably it would also be a benefit to our defence. That is an option we would have if we got Sarr. Depending on the game it may be better for the team to play Boubs as a no6 or Boubs as a CB. It is not an ideal situation but that is because we have just lost our 1st choice CB to a serious injury

Just now, duke313 said:

If we aren't going for another CB, then we need another CM who can partner Kamara and offer protection to the back 4.  

Which would be better from a team perspective? Getting another CM to help Kamara or replacing Carlos. Long term, probably another player to kelp Kamara but for this season I think a replacement for Carlos 

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Which would be better from a team perspective? Getting another CM to help Kamara or replacing Carlos. Long term, probably another player to kelp Kamara but for this season I think a replacement for Carlos 

I'm leaning towards the midfielder option.  If we had two proper DMs in a double pivot (we already have one in Kamara) then it offers far more protection for whichever CB partnership we play. Which would only get stronger when Carlos does eventually return from injury.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I'd prefer signing Conor Gallagher to play alongside Kamara, and a full season loan for Nat Phillips. 

More midfield control and supply, and far less defensive set piece concessions.

15 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I'm leaning towards the midfielder option.  If we had two proper DMs in a double pivot (we already have one in Kamara) then it offers far more protection for whichever CB partnership we play. Which would only get stronger when Carlos does eventually return from injury.

Tim Iroegbunam, if SG is ready to gamble that he's ready? I wouldn't know but he looked very convincing in pre-season.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I'd prefer signing Conor Gallagher to play alongside Kamara, and a full season loan for Nat Phillips. 

I’d rather play Nat King Cole than Nat Phillips

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

NONE OF THEM ARE BALL PLAYING CBS

What is so hard for so many Villa fans to understand!!!!?!?!?!!

Sorry but that is complete nonsense. Carlos has not exactly demonstrated ball playing skills beyond long hoofs and to claim Chambers is not a ball playing CH suggests you've never seen him play. I'd even say Konsa is relatively safe with the ball ..... its only Hause who isn't.

Edited by Paul33
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

What is it you see in Nat Phillips? He's barely played any games and the few times I've watched him he looked championship standard.

Injury or no injury, we still need another defensive central midfielder more than we need a new centre half. 

I'd be happy going into the season with Chambers and Mings if it meant we could partner Kamara with someone as good as him. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Sorry but that is complete nonsense. Carlos has not exactly demonstrated ball playing skills beyond long hoofs and to claim Chambers is not a ball playing CH suggests you've never seen him play. I'd even say Konsa is relatively safe with the ball ..... its only Hause who isn't.

I agree with you here. I'm not saying Carlos isn't a ball playing centre half, but I've not exactly seen much of it yet. To be honest, he strikes me as a more traditional centre half in the same mould as a Dunne/Collins. I could be wrong. 
Either way, if you're worried about losing Carlos because we haven't got a ball playing centre half then I'd argue you're badly underestimating Chambers in that department. I mean, the bloke arguably made the pass of the season AND scored our goal of the season last year. Not many defenders can claim that!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Gallagher is great but wouldn’t be happy in a double pivot, he’s an attacking 8.