Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I think VT as a collective, could manage to manufacture this with ease… some one tweets it and the rest back it up, liking it, commenting, at tagging people, retweeting, reaggregating it. All the fun Twitter stuff and do the same on the other socials 

Then the barrel scrapers like Brum mail and football insider would pick it up and then BBC will via their gossip page, and then others will go with it, maybe talksport and then sky.

but tbh, as funny as that would be, it’s effort we can’t be arsed with. 

Speak for yourself. This sounds like fun while we have no real links...

19 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

We’ll hear more on this Wednesday 

Preece it must be a definite, I thought our new signing Gallagher has looked good in pre-season :P 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I think VT as a collective, could manage to manufacture this with ease… some one tweets it and the rest back it up, liking it, commenting, at tagging people, retweeting, reaggregating it. All the fun Twitter stuff and do the same on the other socials 

Then the barrel scrapers like Brum mail and football insider would pick it up and then BBC will via their gossip page, and then others will go with it, maybe talksport and then sky.

but tbh, as funny as that would be, it’s effort we can’t be arsed with. 

Isn’t this what all the PSG guys are doing at the moment due to his old manager now being at PSG. As said before would love him at Villa so if we’re talking propaganda to get it done, I’m all in 😎

(indirectly I might as I’m not on Twitter)

3 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Dean Smith in various interviews after Jack left said “we tried to convince him to stay but unfortunately we felt we were 18 months away from giving him what he wants” 

The thing Jack craved most? Champions League footy. 

So I think the target is European football minimum this season. 

The players we’ve signed are good. And a few gaps have been plugged. The biggest limiting factor will be the coaching /management team.  

Gerrard has the tools but he needs to be able to use them effectively. Going to be a very interesting season and I’m looking forward to it.

I think a major stumbling block for Villa recently has been psychological. Erratic mentality week to week. Can't close out games, soft goals, too timid, low energy. 

Gerrard has to find the answer for this. We need to reach and maintain a consistent winning mentality. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, allani said:

Wow I love / applaud your optimism. 

I think we have one (Emi) who would get into a Sly 6 team.  I don't think any of our Back 4 get in (Carlos might depending on how he settles), nor any of our midfielders (JJ might next season), our 10s are competing with players like Salah, Son, De Bruyne - who are on a completely different level (Couts has been there before so may be one to watch) and our strikers definitely don't get in ahead of: Kane, Jota, Haaland, Jesus and Lukaku (now of course left).

Well I did say wouldn't look out of place in a top 6 team, implying they could be part of the squad not necessarily the first 11.

Do you not think Digne would get in Arsenal or Spurs' team? Spurs were playing Sessegnon there last season and Reguilon has flopped. My dad is a Spurs fan and when we signed Digne he said himself he'd get in Spurs' team. I also think Digne is better than Tierney myself. Cash could also get in both of their teams IMO, certainly based on last season. Carlos has played for a top 4 team in Spain who had the best defensive record over three seasons, but we have to see if he performs over here. If he does he's a top 6 player. Likewise have to see with Kamara, but the Kamara that shone for Marseille the last few seasons would definitely get in Man U's midfield. Coutinho maybe isn't the player he was four years ago but he would at the very least make the bench of a top 6 team. Add in Martinez that's 6, and given Arsenal wanted to sign Buendia (as did Atletico) and the technical quality he possesses I think he would also make at the least a top 6 bench. In fact some Villa fans think he is our best player on ability alone and better than Coutinho. Then there's Bailey who could be a top 6 player IMO and Ramsey has the potential to be one. I agree that the strikers are probably more midtable standard than top 6 and so is someone like McGinn who is too inconsistent to be a top 6 player, but I don't think on the others I have been too optimistic. Maybe I slightly overrate a couple of our players but I definitely feel you underrate a lot of them. 

What I would say, though, is that we're probably not the only midtable team who has a fair few top 6 players. The league is becoming stronger in the middle so teams now compared to say 10-15 years ago do have better players. I think the team and squad we have now would probably make the top 6 in the late 2000s (we've definitely got more depth than we had under MON) but because the league is so much stronger than then we are floating around in midtable. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I think a major stumbling block for Villa recently has been psychological. Erratic mentality week to week. Can't close out games, soft goals, too timid, low energy. 

Gerrard has to find the answer for this. We need to reach and maintain a consistent winning mentality. 

Better organisation would help.

Mental weakness is just a buzzword - you don't get to be an international calibre player if your mentality suggests otherwise. The idea that we have somehow selected 11+ players who are mentally weak is a non starter IMO. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, maqroll said:

was only 5 games last season we lost points in the last ten minutes and one was vs City so the mentality thing I dont buy. Happened in 2 of the last 3 games when nearly on the beach

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Your daily Twitter BS to open a discussion--what do you think we need more, a new CM or ST?

CM for me, I'm ok with waiting another season/till jan for a striker if ours are not finishing their dinner. If we can get a CM that can contribute with goals as well then it helps soften the blow if the strikers are not performing. Saying that I do think Ings/Watkins will put more away and then we also got Bailey who I have a feeling will be getting some goals in.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

CM for me, I'm ok with waiting another season/till jan for a striker if ours are not finishing their dinner. If we can get a CM that can contribute with goals as well then it helps soften the blow if the strikers are not performing. Saying that I do think Ings/Watkins will put more away and then we also got Bailey who I have a feeling will be getting some goals in.

What are you having for dinner tonight, out of interest?

26 minutes ago, maqroll said:

My biggest gripe was not being switched on from the start and letting in the first goal / early goals. I think we let in a number of goals in the first 20 minutes of the game (I think I counted at least ten games we were 1 down after twenty minutes, which meant we were always starting from a bad position.

Has anyone actually been linked with Sangaré? 

I think he would be a great addition, 

if we could get Suarez on a 1year deal as well, I know he’s not popular but he’s the type of nasty gritty person you hate to play against, just what we need, bring him on with 10-15 mins to go 

get them 2 and I think we’d be fine 

6 hours ago, paul514 said:

If you think cash and Guilbert is the quality required to get us where we want to be, that’s fine.

I don’t

it sounds like you want to bring in a first choice RB to replace Cash, no?

Just now, Rustibrooks said:

Cause I'm melting, I'll have a lovely roasted salmon with roasted feta and potatoes 😎 what about you?

Oh, very nice! My dear Wife will have it prepared for me when I return from work, so I'll have to let you know later.

• Like 1

before the windows closes I hope we purchase

• A new ethos
  • A new identity
  • A bucket of mental toughness 
  • some balance

and anything else pundits \ commentators talk about when not much is happening on the pitch. 

17 minutes ago, dotcomsimon said:

Has anyone actually been linked with Sangaré? 

I think he would be a great addition, 

if we could get Suarez on a 1year deal as well, I know he’s not popular but he’s the type of nasty gritty person you hate to play against, just what we need, bring him on with 10-15 mins to go 

get them 2 and I think we’d be fine 

Think he is strongly linked with Man U?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1