Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

37 minutes ago, supermon said:

If we get in another midfielder there must be some outgoing, I'd say the following week be kept

Nakamba/Kamara

New mid/Luiz

JJ/Chuck

Coutinho/Bailey

Buendia/Traore

So offloading McGinn, Sanson, Tim (loan)

I don't think there is any chance we sell McGinn.

36 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Cool… so presumably 500k loan fee and 4m to make it permanent if we wish… we may not end up deciding to… unless he performs really well.

No argument here, Digne is clearly first choice and now we will have a suitable backup. LB us where we’re most lacking in the club, no genuine (out and out) ones coming through from the academy so far either…

I believe it will cost us €4.5m loan fee and wages in total is what that is. Not the option to buy  

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

I was really hoping for some mastubatory level news in here. 

*sigh*

40 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886l1rucgem5s63szyrsq

This is the closest you're going to get today I think.

8 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I believe it will cost us €4.5m loan fee and wages in total is what that is. Not the option to buy  

I might be wrong but his yearly salary is 2 mill euros. So i highly doubt we are also paying a 2.5 million euro loan fee on a player than cost them under 5 million euros last season to buy. Happy to defer to some concrete info though 

34 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

23 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I might be wrong but his yearly salary is 2 mill euros. So i highly doubt we are also paying a 2.5 million euro loan fee on a player than cost them under 5 million euros last season to buy. Happy to defer to some concrete info though 

I definitely read it as a total cost of €4.5m if we sign him. No way we're paying that to loan him for a year.

11 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

Crazy how some fans have such a vendetta against him for some reason

I would sell him, but only for a large fee, 40m plus.

I suspect if you weeded out people like me from the group who want to replace him then the group wouldn’t be that big 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

Crazy how some fans have such a vendetta against him for some reason

I don't see any vendettas. Some people just don't rate him as high as others. Nothing wrong with that.

I personally think he's a decent but limited player who isn't good enough to be a starter at Villa but more than happy to keep him around.
If a decent offer came in for him, I would wish him well and send him on his way. That's it. I think most fans who are critical of him think this way, but I could be wrong.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

I’m convinced we will get one of either Laimer or Otavio … just a feeling 

Judging by previous business, we are only linked very close to completion. Those players where rumours carry on for weeks or months don't sign. I think it's unlikely we will sign either based on that. 

Edited by Made In Aston