Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

15 hours ago, tomav84 said:

I'd hoped for a young understudy to digne. 

It's a sensible signing, but an underwhelming one. I'm just wary of why sevilla want rid of him

13 hours ago, tomav84 said:

i do get that. i'm just always concerned that when a club loans out players in their late 20s it's usually because they want rid of them. same with us with trez, samatta and el ghazi

i'm not denying that it's a sensible signing for relatively low risk. i guess i'm just annoyed that we missed out on hickey as that's the sort of player i thought we'd end up getting

i'm not against ludwig, just underwhelmed

The amount of money that a loan fee + wages off the books saves a club, is pretty significant. Add in trigger clauses and bonuses being avoided and in fact loans are hugely beneficial to clubs.

Sevilla aren't going under, but their losses as not nearly as easily written off as a PL club.

https://sevillafc.es/en/actual/newss/accounts-annual-passed-2021

In total income went from 172 million to 164 million, which gives before tax a loss of 39.1 million, which will be 41.3 million after taxes.

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Wonder how long before the ITK  crawl out the woodwork backing this up … 

" Since news of German International has now broken, I can tell you that the offers for French and Brazilian International were just a smoke screen I created to protect my sources"

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Starting to feel like having a well run club is a bit shit.

I want consistent, sporadic stupid links and will he/ won't he type transfer sagas for average players which run the length of the window.

What's Rubin De La Red up to these days?

I was going to post that I thought he died, but before posting I did a quick check and he’s still alive but retired after having some kind of cardiac arrest on the pitch in one game 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Sangare would be an unreal final piece of this window's jigsaw. 

I like Sangare, but I think he would struggle in the premier league. On the ball, all the good stuff he does he is always taking two touches to set himself, he won't get the time to do that in this league. In Holland playing for one of the two best teams he's good. But midtable in the prem, he'd get found out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Gallagher and Sangare

OR

Gallagher and Ward Prowse

Gallagher has had one good season in the prem. How can he be regarded higher than JWP when JWP has proved himself over several seasons and had a better season than Gallagher last season. If we want prospects in midfield, we have Ramseys, we have Chuk, we have big Tim. Gallagher isn't even the type pf player we need. I'd like to see either a ball winner who looks after the ball well, or an expansive passer. Gallagher is niether.

1 hour ago, burchy said:

If Laimer is a pipe dream then someone like him, presses like a demon but can also chip in with some goals and positive possession based play. 

I’d love Paqueta here but he has NUFC written all over him. Plus for me he’s not a CM but rather a CAM or even a SS. 

Personally I think we need two with Sanson going out on a loan to buy. 

Someone that is a CM/CDM hybrid like Kone or Thuram, Sangare at a push (isn’t he about 28/29 though). 

We’d then have a decent mix of CMs and so could tailor how we set up depending on the opposition. 

If we say Kamara is a given I’d like the other two spots to be from Ramsay, LAIMER, McGinn, Luiz, THURAM, Chuk (Chuk could cover CAM and Thuram CDM).

Sounds a lot but with the CMs doing a lot of the grunt work in Gerard’s system we can change them up with the 5 sub ruling. 

Sangare is 24. He’d give us the physicality we sorely lack but can also play - not just a brute. Would be a great help to Kamara and we’d have a solid foundation in midfield that passes and retains the ball well.

I don’t think we need any more young or lightweight players in midfield. I’m so tired of seeing us outmuscled and overpowered in that midfield scrap, especially against the “top sides”. It’s about time we “mixed it” with the best and gave them a fright or two…

As for Gallagher, we simply don’t need him as we have too many similar players such as JJ (much better, our future) and McGinn. Sanson still here, Chuk and Aaron Ramsey coming through. Other youngsters too.

Also, I often find that many English players are overpriced and overrated. Many turn out to be crap further on in their careers too… plenty of examples. I’m happy with the ones we’ve developed and are looking to bring through…

• Like 4

2 hours ago, macandally said:

Gallagher is this years fashion statement, for me he showed how far off he is when he pulled on an England shirt.

Nowhere near good enough at this time, some people confuse energy for ability

An excellent point.

And people get carried away with hype too…

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Gallagher is just a right footed Hourihane. We have played them several times and win or lose I rarely remember his contributions. We need strong midfielders who always influence the game. 

By this time tomorrow, he'll be a left footed Mustafa Salifou.

He's been getting shitter by the hour on here today.

I get that some people think he's " over rated " , but how far do we have to go to prove points?

Hourihane just signed for a League 1 side ffs.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I get that some people think he's " over rated " , but how far do we have to go to prove points?

I think he means a stat padder that doesn't take hold of a game, not they have identical levels of ability.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Gallagher is just a right footed Hourihane. We have played them several times and win or lose I rarely remember his contributions. We need strong midfielders who always influence the game. 

Conor Gallagher scored more Premier League goals this season than Conor Hourihane scored for Villa since we were promoted.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think you are misreading the comparison.

People aren't equating where Hourihane is now in his career with Gallagher talent, rather his contribution on the pitch.

FWIW, I agree he's like Hourihane. He has some quality moments but goes missing far too often and offers very little when his team is not in possession.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I think he means a stat padder that doesn't take hold of a game, not they have identical levels of ability.

Gallagher scored twice in a 2-2 draw against West Ham. He scored twice in a 3-1 win over Everton. He scored and assisted in a 2-0 win against Man City. He scored in a 2-0 win over Wolves. He scored Palace's lone goal in a 1-1 draw at Brighton. And he scored a goal in a 4-1 win over Watford.

Lord how I'd love somebody to pad stats like that in a Villa shirt.

I'm not here to argue he's the second coming of Christ, but people just come on here and say things just to say them sometimes.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Gallagher scored twice in a 2-2 draw against West Ham. He scored twice in a 3-1 win over Everton. He scored and assisted in a 2-0 win against Man City. He scored in a 2-0 win over Wolves. He scored Palace's lone goal in a 1-1 draw at Brighton. And he scored a goal in a 4-1 win over Watford.

Lord how I'd love somebody to pad stats like that in a Villa shirt.

I'm not here to argue he's the second coming of Christ, but people just come on here and say things just to say them sometimes.

Then argue it out with the person who made the post and turn it into another 3 day hyperbole competition as I don't really care to be involved in the debate.

12 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Then argue it out with the person who made the post and turn it into another 3 day hyperbole competition as I don't really care to be involved in the debate.

I'm not trying to do any such thing. I simply quoted you quoting somebody else to explain to them what you thought another person meant by what they posted, and I responded directly to your comment that he's a "stat padder."

Edited by VillaHatesMe

Just now, VillaHatesMe said:

I'm not trying to do any such thing. I simply quoted you quoting somebody else to explain to them what you thought another person meant by what they posted said, and I responded directly to your comment that he's a "stat padder."

👍