Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

I’m imagining that this preseason is about filtering the team, who makes the grade and who doesn’t. the senior players that don’t are eliminated and replaced. 

overall, outs before ins. Makes sense when we have seven 6/8s already

• Like 1

There comes a time when we have to put some faith in the youth coming through.  We cannot keep spending money and blocking their path.

That being said I think we will sign another couple of players and couple will leave.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

because we've spent big money and gerrard said he wanted his business done before pre season

i think the only way we see new signings is if someone like dougie leaves

But we haven't in recent times - last summer we actually spent less than we brought in by about 5m. This summer net spend of approx 25-30m so far. Including Digne in January that's a net spend of around 50m over the last two summers. 

• Like 2

Not to be rude but it’s hard to believe what Preece says at times, he does seem like a top bloke though. I still believe we are due at least another signing, there’s still a lot of situations happening around the football world that we can take advantage of. There’s a few top teams that need to balance their books etc and we all know Lange and co love to pounce on an opportunity

9 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Your laughing but that’s a £20m + offer?

Yeah but it's Eric Dier - his name sums him up! Would not like to see him anywhere near a Villa Shirt.

Ok i will say 2M and Cameron Carter-Vickers. Now that is a deal Levy would be proud of! 

Edited by calcifer

Just now, calcifer said:

Yeah but it's Eric Dier - his name sums him up! Would not like to see him anywhere near a Villa Shirt.

Ok i will say 2M and Cameron Carter-Vickers. Now that is a deal Levy would be proud of! 

That's more like it. 

• Haha 1

I don’t think it’s about spending more and more. It’s about getting it right. Especially strikers usually are the hardest to find. I think if we don’t get an upgrade on what we have let’s keep them for a year and see how the team progresses while finding the right player. But to keep getting players who we don’t really need or same level as what we have then that would only affect our finances.

Another thing is that most of hood players won’t come just to be a backup especially teams like us who don’t play in Europe. We either get a youngster (who isn’t a starter as Hickey), or just replace a current player to a be a back up of the new one such as Nakamba. No point of getting backup players where we know their limits. We have some youngsters that could fill these squad gaps as well. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Another thing is that most of hood players won’t come just to be a backup especially teams like us who don’t play in Europe. 

Nope... Road Man ain't playin to backup!

Big man ting!

• Haha 1