Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Just now, VillaHatesMe said:

And if we were the only club spending money, the raw figure would matter more. What's our spend in relation to the teams we're trying to catch? If we'd spent £400 million and the teams we're chasing had spent only £20 million, it'd be a different story. But other teams spend money too!

Either way, thanks for letting me know it's no longer 2018.

£400m on 2 or 3 times as many players as them too

Arsenal might have spent less than us in that time but the fact that they have 9 players who cost more than our record transfer is somehow lost, let alone their wage bill being double ours 

27 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

The quality of the midfield needs improving.

But 7 players for midfield, 8 as I forgot Nakamba is plenty. 

3 DMs, 5 CMs, is enough for a Premier League campaign and 2 non-Europe cups. Particularly until January.

Two of the players are unproven youngsters and two shouldn't still be with us (Nakamba/Sanson)

Then factor in, Chukwumeka and Luiz have a year left in on their deals.

Just now, villa4europe said:

£400m on 2 or 3 times as many players as them too

Arsenal might have spent less than us in that time but the fact that they have 9 players who cost more than our record transfer is somehow lost, let alone their wage bill being double ours 

You know what they say about complex problems: There's always somebody with a simple, incorrect solution. 😂

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

And if we were the only club spending money, the raw figure would matter more. What's our spend in relation to the teams we're trying to catch? If we'd spent £400 million and the teams we're chasing had spent only £20 million, it'd be a different story. But other teams spend money too!

Either way, thanks for letting me know it's no longer 2018.

We have spent more than pretty much everyone, but they had a head start. 

We had to buy players and then replace those players with better that needs to be factored in too.

Anything lower than top half is pathetic, sorry. I don't put places on it, I'll be happy with 60 points which almost always will have you in Europe.

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

We have spent more than pretty much everyone, but they had a head start. 

We had to buy players and then replace those players with better that needs to be factored in too.

Anything lower than top half is pathetic, sorry. I don't put places on it, I'll be happy with 60 points which almost always will have you in Europe.

I want top half too. I think top half is far more realistic than Europe this season. The Conference League or Europa League should be much more accessible in in 23/24, but even that won't be easy. This is the toughest league in the world. There are the established powers, and behind them are a bevy of clubs striving to join them with the financial power to believe they can. Progress is seldom linear. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

Two of the players are unproven youngsters and two shouldn't still be with us (Nakamba/Sanson)

Then factor in, Chukwumeka and Luiz have a year left in on their deals.

Yeah cool so like I said the quality needs to improve but the number of players is fine. Not sure why you keep replying to a point I haven't made

34 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Yeah cool so like I said the quality needs to improve but the number of players is fine. Not sure why you keep replying to a point I haven't made

Well I wouldn't trust tim, Sanson and Nakamaba should go.

That isn't a lot of midfielders then....

Then you have the 1 year contracts, the numbers aren't ok if we manage to shift those two players

4 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Then you have the 1 year contracts, the numbers aren't ok if we manage to shift those two players

Do you want us to buy a whole new team every summer?

12 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Do you want us to buy a whole new team every summer?

Nope, but the situation doesn't change just because of comments like that, no matter what either of us say.

2 are unproven kids
2 are on one year deals with no sign they will sign 
2 are fringe players most have deemed not good enough

19 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Exactly what I said then. Going to end it here.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Nope, but the situation doesn't change just because of comments like that, no matter what either of us say.

2 are unproven kids
2 are on one year deals with no sign they will sign 
2 are fringe players most have deemed not good enough

We can't keep giving up on fringe players they have to be coached to contribute given the size of the bench this season

Just now, Pissflaps said:

We can't keep giving up on fringe players they have to be coached to contribute given the size of the bench this season

Do you think you can coach Nakamba to pass, be press resistant and accept a new contract on 'back up wages'? 
Can you coach Sanson to stop getting injured, make his body alright for the premier league and get Steven Gerrard to trust him?

And after that you still have the issue of contracts and kids.

Wait arsenal bid for Sergej Milinkovic-Savic😠 ohh now theyve really done it!!!! Im not at all pleased!! the links alone make me sick (probably not concrete but still) I want him here with us so ill be fuming if he ends up somewhere else UNLESS if its a big ‘if’ too we were to sign Rodrigo de Paul or someone of that same calibre i would remain cool otherwise teams that are gonna be even harder to climb over,

I want mcginn and mings BENCHED!! I couldn’t careless about what they’ve done to get us here im not a part of the lets take it slow steady progression project, im part of the i dont want to get left behind in this rat race project… so lets bring in some gamechangers and match winners … its Aston f*****g Villa ❤️

When we go against chelseas and man citys i wanna say lets go and play ball with these boys not the usual lets try and keep it at bay till half time and keep the ball up there and hold it for long periods… bye bye to those days 👋🏽 

Edited by RicRic
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

33 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Do you think you can coach Nakamba to pass, be press resistant and accept a new contract on 'back up wages'? 
Can you coach Sanson to stop getting injured, make his body alright for the premier league and get Steven Gerrard to trust him?

And after that you still have the issue of contracts and kids.

I give up with you.

• Thanks 1

On both sides, we are actually arguing hypotheticals here.

I very much think SG, Purslow and Lange made the absolute priorities Kamara and Carlos. Spine additions which would instantly improve the solidity of the first team, and early.

I have a feeling they will have also agreed that they might be willing to be more patient on additions in other less crucial areas of the team.

Obviously other movements will depend on the status of some of our current players too.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2