Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

55 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I was hoping you did notice , would you still like to remain a middle table team ? 

I'd sell Watkins before Ings.  Likely to get more money.  Is less of a good fit with the way it looks like we are set up to play.  Seems less likely to want to stay and fight for his position (assuming all those people who blame his bad form last year on us signing Ings are correct).  13 goal involvements in 22 matches in a bad season is still a pretty good return.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, allani said:

I'd sell Watkins before Ings.  Likely to get more money.  Is less of a good fit with the way it looks like we are set up to play.  Seems less likely to want to stay and fight for his position (assuming all those people who blame his bad form last year on us signing Ings are correct).  13 goal involvements in 22 matches in a bad season is still a pretty good return.

Nah no way id sell the workhorse watkins over ings no chance ! … that would be a poor decision… ings is a quality player who is on the decline it happens , its like would i take eden hazard who was my favourite player in the league a few years back well I wouldn’t have him now if offered because hes simply not the same player …. What are we gonna get out of ings in a couple years time well i can tell you we will get thrice as much more from watkins in terms of performance 

By all reports we're trying to be quite ambitious with our targets, we'll likely have to wait for all the "bigger boys" to make their moves first and then things will start happening when certain players now certain options are no longer available to them.

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

By all reports we're trying to be quite ambitious with our targets, we'll likely have to wait for all the "bigger boys" to make their moves first and then things will start happening when certain players now certain options are no longer available to them.

I still have a feeling we’re seeing what happens with Richarlison.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Id say we have been ambitious so far with the signings made none have disappointed so i hope they continue in this vein

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Staring to see that now, Phillips to City might get the ball rolling 

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I hope not, I’m not sure what he adds to us despite him being a fine player.

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I hope not, I’m not sure what he adds to us despite him being a fine player.

I’d be annoyed if we spent 50 on him, I think there’s very little between him and Ollie. And I’m taking Ollie every day of the week so I don’t have to watch richarlison throw a strop every game 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I’d be happy to see Luiz go, Sanson go, nakamba new contract. Tell carney that he’s next in line after the new CM and give him minutes in league games and cups 

I think we'll keep Nakamba until Jan. Can't see there being bids worth selling him for and while I don't rate him much he can come in for a couple of games and do his best. Not sure on Sanson, season long loan back to France perhaps or he could just stay to bench warm some more.

Of course Carney can and will get some more minutes....but the Burnley performance was underwhelming to say the least so I simply don't think he's ready to start 20-25 games in this league yet. At least with 5 subs he will be regularly coming on so hopefully that will sway the contract decision.

Certainly need another CM in although get the feeling we'll wait until after the season starts now and see if Kamara clicks straight away.

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Nakamba still has 2 years left on his contract, we dont need to be giving him a new deal now and is probably undeserved

Ah I thought it was just 12 months, did we really give him 5 year deal in summer 2019?

5 hours ago, WHY said:

Fans want new signings but want the kids to get a chance as well. There has to be a summer where we only make a few signings if we are going to eventually blood some of the kids. Not saying it’s this summer but certainly feels like is could/should be the next summer window. 

As it stands Kesler is back up RB if we exclude the CBs who can play there. Chisene is back up LB to Digne although that will change in next few weeks and I'd loan him out anyway. Same for Tim as it's important after a few cameos in the run in he just dosen't stagnate and feed on scraps, now's the time to get him to a championship club or top end league 1 team.

Archer will be at least 3rd choice striker if we sell Davis so hopefully he gets an early goal in prem and based on his last 12 months he'll score a few more and establish himself as regular starter.

Who knows on Carney but if he stays he'll certainly get more minutes than last season with 5 subs.

So we have crop of 3-4 we can pretty much integrate into the matchday 20 squad. They're not all ready to start but I think that's decent progress from where we were two years ago with the youth set up.

37 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Surprised at the very reasonable prices Newcastle are getting their transfers. Must have some good negotiators.  

We've done quite well with our value so far this window as well IMO.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I can see the logic but I think he's in the same bracket as Bissouma and Phillips. Being linked with too many CL clubs not to sign for one in a few weeks time.

17 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

As it stands Kesler is back up RB if we exclude the CBs who can play there. Chisene is back up LB to Digne although that will change in next few weeks and I'd loan him out anyway. Same for Tim as it's important after a few cameos in the run in he just dosen't stagnate and feed on scraps, now's the time to get him to a championship club or top end league 1 team.

Archer will be at least 3rd choice striker if we sell Davis so hopefully he gets an early goal in prem and based on his last 12 months he'll score a few more and establish himself as regular starter.

Who knows on Carney but if he stays he'll certainly get more minutes than last season with 5 subs.

So we have crop of 3-4 we can pretty much integrate into the matchday 20 squad. They're not all ready to start but I think that's decent progress from where we were two years ago with the youth set up.

We forget sometimes how young our youngsters actually.are. In a perfect world the likes of Aaron Tim Kaine Louie Cam and Jaden will be loaned out to decent teams for next season. And even after that season the eldest will be Jaden and Cam at just 21.  They have loads of time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

Nah no way id sell the workhorse watkins over ings no chance ! … that would be a poor decision… ings is a quality player who is on the decline it happens , its like would i take eden hazard who was my favourite player in the league a few years back well I wouldn’t have him now if offered because hes simply not the same player …. What are we gonna get out of ings in a couple years time well i can tell you we will get thrice as much more from watkins in terms of performance 

In two seasons you would hope that Archer would be (at the very least) our second striker.  In the meantime Ings has a better understanding with Emi2 and Couts and makes better runs for them to play balls through to.  13 goal contributions in 22 matches is decent.  Assuming we buy a proper Number 9 whose main focus is on scoring goals - having Ings coming off the bench for the last 20 or if we need to put 2 up front to chase a game is decent.  We don't need him to play 90 minutes every week.  We don't need a workhorse up front any more - we need a poacher.

If we don't buy a new centre forward then I think we have a conundrum.  Can Watkins adjust to our style of play?  Not sure - for me he just isn't an instinctive player and I am not sure he will ever be on the same wavelength as our advanced midfielders / number 10s.  Can Ings play a full season as the main striker?  Again the jury is out but I would be extremely doubtful.

The extra CM is far more important.  But either this summer or next we need a striker who can lead us into European contention.  I am not convinced at all that Watkins or Ings are that person.  So from that perspective - I'd rather sell Ollie, whilst his stock is relatively high, get a good fee for him and keep Ings to play the back-up striker role.  I'd then also keep Archer at the club and gradually build up his minutes on the pitch so that next season he's our super-sub striker.  We'll take a hit on Ings at that point but there would still be a market for him.