Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Romano saying left-back is next, and more updates to come soon.

My bet is on a 20-22yr old attacking full back from somewhere in Europe. Which I’m fine with. 

We desperately need to start moving some of our players out the door too. 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

My bet is on a 20-22yr old attacking full back from somewhere in Europe. Which I’m fine with. 

We desperately need to start moving some of our players out the door too. 

I'd be happy with that, if he's fit then Digne is starting every week, LB back up gives us the chance to try and polish a gem, I'm hoping lange takes a punt on someone we've never heard of

And then we can spend his entire career on here ripping him to shreds and calling for lange's head... 

37 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Can’t agree, McGinn scored 3 league goals, Luiz 2, Konsa 2, Mings 1…these figures aren’t enough.  How are our big CB’s not scoring more for example.

I got curious of what the actual figures were. So here's a ranking. 

1-Man City-41 goals scored by players other than forwards last season

2-Chelsea-33 goals

3-Liverpool-23 goals

4-West Ham-22 goals

5-Arsenal-20 goals

6-Brentford-19 goals

7-Wolves-18 goals

8-Newcastle-18 goals

8-Southampton-18 goals

10-Aston Villa-15 goals

11-Everton-14 goals

12-Tottenham-13 goals

12-Leicester-13 goals

14-Man United-11 goals

14-Crystal Palace-11 goals

16-Brighton-9 goals

16-Burnley- 9 goals

18-Leeds-8 goals

19-Watford-5 goals

19-Norwich-5 goals

Don't agree with these? Take it up with understat's database. As usual there are some weird ones in there in who exactly counts as a "forward" and who doesn't. I will say they're not very strict with who counts as a forward, but I think being more strict would push villa up even further in the rankings. Since I've had to exclude Jacob Ramsey's goals because he counts as a forward according to them.

Maybe instead of calling these forwards, calling them attacking players would be better.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Most speculation has been towards the right back, backup, does this suggests we are happy with RB backup options?

For me it's the same as archer as the 3rd choice striker, give KKH at least a look during pre season and then if he's not good enough try and get a body in on loan towards the end of the summer

Chambers and Konsa could cover there in an emergency 

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Most speculation has been towards the right back, backup, does this suggests we are happy with RB backup options?

I haven't seen us linked with any right backs.  Only full-backs i've seen linked with is Bassey, Sergio Gomez and Quentin Merlin who are all left-backs.  The lack of speculation around right-back means we will pull someone unknown out of the bag or are going with KKH.

Edited by duke313
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I got curious of what the actual figures were. So here's a ranking. 

1-Man City-41 goals scored by players other than forwards last season

2-Chelsea-33 goals

3-Liverpool-23 goals

4-West Ham-22 goals

5-Arsenal-20 goals

6-Brentford-19 goals

7-Wolves-18 goals

8-Newcastle-18 goals

8-Southampton-18 goals

10-Aston Villa-15 goals

11-Everton-14 goals

12-Tottenham-13 goals

12-Leicester-13 goals

14-Man United-11 goals

14-Crystal Palace-11 goals

16-Brighton-9 goals

16-Burnley- 9 goals

18-Leeds-8 goals

19-Watford-5 goals

19-Norwich-5 goals

JJ is half of them

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

JJ is half of them

No as I edited in my original post, his goals aren't even included in here because he technically counts as a forward according to the database I used. I think its more accurate to say attacking players than forwards for my list.

The decomposition is actually 

Cash-4

Mcginn-3

Luiz-2

Konsa-2

Chambers-1

Targett-1

Mings-1

Hause-1.

15 goals total

Adding Ramsey into that list bumps it up to 22.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

For me it's the same as archer as the 3rd choice striker, give KKH at least a look during pre season and then if he's not good enough try and get a body in on loan towards the end of the summer

Chambers and Konsa could cover there in an emergency 

If cash gets injured chambers and konsa provide 0 attacking threat as a backup and they will be targeted by every team we play.

Not convinced KKH is ready for prem football and Guilbert is on his way out.

A backup at RB should be made a priority just like it is at LB imo the ideal scenario would be to get hickey in who can cover both and play both sides.

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I haven't seen us linked with any right backs.  Only full-backs i've seen linked with is Bassey, Sergio Gomez and Quentin Merlin who are all left-backs.  The lack of speculation around right-back means we will pull someone unknown out of the bag or are going with KKH.

Chambers played most of his games for Arsenal at RB. We have KKH. We've offered a new contract to Ashley Young. We've not sold Guilbert. 

We've lots of cover for RB. The club don't want to block the pathway for KKH. He needs one Championship Loan and he'll be ready. Young / Chambers are enough cover for Cash

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Chambers played most of his games for Arsenal at RB. We have KKH. We've offered a new contract to Ashley Young. We've not sold Guilbert. 

We've lots of cover for RB. The club don't want to block the pathway for KKH. He needs one Championship Loan and he'll be ready. Young / Chambers are enough cover for Cash

Konsa and Chambers are defenders, they can't do the attacking job that Cash and Digne do. 

Guilbert will probably go

I thought Young was on the release list?

That leaves KKH, who as you say may not be ready. 

we absolutely need a back up RB

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

If cash gets injured chambers and konsa provide 0 attacking threat as a backup and they will be targeted by every team we play.

Not convinced KKH is ready for prem football and Guilbert is on his way out.

A backup at RB should be made a priority just like it is at LB imo the ideal scenario would be to get hickey in who can cover both and play both sides.

Chambers has played 6 games at RB and 61 games at CB. He can act as cover, also Young will hopefully sign the new contract. Plus KKH is there too, if we needed to recall him in Jan if Cash was out longer term we could. 

So the idea that a back up RB is a priority is nonsense. We have Cash / KKH as our two longer term RBs. We've Digne and no understudy for LB. Plus we've seen Cash is very durable like Watkins, Digne has had a few injuries in his half season with us.  

• Like 1