Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

4 minutes ago, chips'ngravy said:

Won't be coming to Villa and at that price i wouldn't want him. He's a 1 in 3 striker, which considering he's been playing for City is pretty poor. 8 and 9 league goals in the last 2 seasons and he got 4 in one game last season. Much better value out there, I'm sure.

The problem there is "striker" 

He's not, he's a wide man hence the lower goals stats, he fits at city because of how pep sets them up, I'm sure I'd seen somewhere he's stated that he doesn't want to be a 9 

• Like 1

We won’t get Jesus….. but this time last year Arsenal were signing Buendia and look how that turned out. The draw of Coutinho is pretty big, playing together pre World Cup, could be a sway. It’s a shot in the dark but who knows 

I’m not sure why we’d sign Jesus because he himself said he’s not a striker.  In fact we’ve talked all season that Man City doing so well without a striker.  He plays wide of the striking position.  If we want a No.9 then surely he doesn’t fit and that’s before even considering whether he’d come to us or whether we want him.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m not sure why we’d sign Jesus because he himself said he’s not a striker.  In fact we’ve talked all season that Man City doing so well without a striker.  He plays wide of the striking position.  If we want a No.9 then surely he doesn’t fit and that’s before even considering whether he’d come to us or whether we want him.

If Gerrard wants to setup like Klopp then he would want forward players that can play any of the front 3 positions rather than a striker.  He fits that role, 

Not that I think we’re going to sign him.

edit: we already have two of the best number 9’s outside the top 6. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Pez1974 said:

Dale Stephens has been released by Burnley 😃
It would be nice to get one of these long awaited (and best forgotten) transfer rumours over the line. Just to make all the effort of years ago worth it.

Robbie Keane and Benni McCarthy are boarding the next flight

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Jesus joining would make us genuine top 6 contenders I feel. Brilliant player for. No chance he comes to us. Imagine if it happened though. The salt from Arsenal fans would give you high blood pressure.

Who would he replace in our team though? 

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Trezeguet

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886kql28f4wupd0lii5e8

Yes, I am stupid, he could replace Trezeguet or El Ghazi for that matter. But would we need to check with Basaksehir or Everton if they would take Jesus on loan next season. If they wouldn't take him we could be lumbered with another expensive bench sitter :)

Edited by Peter Griffin
Fixed a typo

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Yes, I am stupid, he could replace Trezeguet or El Ghazi for that matter. But would we need to check Basaksehir or Everton if they would take Jesus on loan next season. If they wouldn't take him we could be lumbered with another expensive bench sitter :)

When we getting dicked by Fulham and we’re asking god to save us. He can send his son on to the pitch and win us the game. Trez or AEG are not in gods favour. I have no idea why 😏

Edited by CarryOnVilla

GJ would be the biggest signing we've ever made. A near world class player coming into his peak. 

I don't think he'd join us though. 

5 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

When we getting dicked by Fulham we can ask god to save us and sends his son on to the pitch 

NSWE and Purslow are bringing us into the modern age and we are a secular club, I suspect Gerrard won't be calling to Jesus's door