Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

38 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

We don’t NEED to ever sign anybody. The problem is, we’re a football club trying to make it into Europe so in that sense, yes, we do NEED to sign more players. 

My read of the situation is that we've already signed our top targets this summer quickly (Coutinho, Kamara, Olsen, & Carlos), but have a pile of cash available to jump on players who become available later in the window and the opportunity presents itself (kind of like Digne last January).  We also have a bunch of deadwood we need to clear out and try to get the most for and a bunch of youngsters knocking on the door Gerrard's coaching staff will want to get a better look at in preseason.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Gonzalez isnt for sale. Mendes pulled strings so is staying

Mendez is the one that is reported to be trying to pull the strings to get Nico to leave Barca and they were refusing to sell

On 07/06/2022 at 10:59, osmark86 said:

I remember telling someone in Birmingham I was from Sweden and he got all excited because he thought I was from Swindon where he had family.

No......He thought you had a Swedish Au Pair to introduce to him......the dirty dog.😀

Gonzales appears to have the physical stature and technical ability to be a great player suited to the prem imo. It’s the sort of signing which I’d hope we’d look at - picking off youngsters on the periphery of the elite European squads PSG, Barca, Chelsea etc. 

10 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

He was a free agent this summer, he could sign for any club he wanted.  Liverpool did not need to keep him an extra year but they elected to keep him as Klopp no doubts believes that Liverpool will be a stronger team having Jimmy in it. 

But hes already there thats the difference huge one at that … we dont need to be signing over age players to save us … lets give chances elsewhere imo

• Confused 1

Just now, RicRic said:

But hes already there thats the difference huge one at that … we dont need to be signing over age players to save us … lets give chances elsewhere imo

What difference does it make to Liverpool that he is already there? He is/was out of contract so a free agent, it is a new signing for Liverpool. Yes, it is easier for him to fit in and he has a place to live but the didn't need to offer him a new 1 year contract. They elected to do so to improve their team

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rustibrooks said:

Just spoke to a few West Ham fans in the building I work in, they don't want to sell Sonny Perkins they rate him very highly and they think he could have a 'Rice' type of breakthrough.

Do we know fans of any club who don't overrate their youngsters? Every 16-year old is the next Messi. 😂

Ramsey only player in the midfield that should retain his position for next season i dont wanna see mcginn starting next season… and i do like mcginn but he just doesn’t offer us enough im sorry same applies for mings and luiz…. For those that want the club to go places this has to happen…. I wanna go into games next year against the likes of chelsea and man city and say we’ve got more than a chance of winning today .. cant do exactly that with the aforementioned starting for us, im sure thats more than agreeable 

• Like 1

Just now, VillaHatesMe said:

Do we know fans of any club who don't overrate their youngsters? Every 16-year old is the next Messi. 😂

I know, right.

We have brought a whole load of apparently great kids in...... still not making it onto the starting list yet.

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

I know, right.

We have brought a whole load of apparently great kids in...... still not making it onto the starting list yet.

The difference is that our kids will be the next Messi, it is the fans of other clubs have got it wrong 

5 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

What difference does it make to Liverpool that he is already there? He is/was out of contract so a free agent, it is a new signing for Liverpool. Yes, it is easier for him to fit in and he has a place to live but the didn't need to offer him a new 1 year contract. They elected to do so to improve their team

It makes a huge difference and why on earth would a club supposedly trying to get up there with the big boys would want to sign a 37 year old it makes no sense with the exception of ronaldo and messi type of players..

6 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Whatever happened to that Ethan Moore thread on here. The poor guy had his career ruined on a football forum

Just now, RicRic said:

It makes a huge difference and why on earth would a club supposedly trying to get up there with the big boys would want to sign a 37 year old it makes no sense with the exception of ronaldo and messi type of players..

You say my comment makes no sense but then ask why would a club trying to compete with the likes of Liverpool sign a player that Liverpool just signed :)

1 hour ago, useless said:

Usually reliable

Although Perkins wouldn't have been for the first team anyway.

It’s possible , it’s imperative should be the bloody words as that is a extremely key area for us … the links atm seem to be bang average mediocre players which is frightening as we need a much bigger talent to play there 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RicRic said:

It’s possible , it’s imperative should be the bloody words as that is a extremely key area for us … the links atm seem to be bang average mediocre players which is frightening as we need a much bigger talent to play there 

Plenty of time.

I'm hopeful we'll get a couple in. Really hope they're the level we want.

4 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

You say my comment makes no sense but then ask why would a club trying to compete with the likes of Liverpool sign a player that Liverpool just signed :)

Because he is already there its much easier to keep him theres the sentiment factor. 

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Plenty of time.

I'm hopeful we'll get a couple in. Really hope they're the level we want.

We just need to sign one £30-£45 mill Striker, a CM £25-30 mill and a LB £15 mill… bloody hell we really wasted a lot on Wesley

Edited by RicRic

I think what he means by that is that he's been told that we're not in for Perkins, he's not saying he's been told that signing another forward is ''possible, the use of the word 'possible' is just him saying it's possible that we could sign another forward, but that part of the tweet isn't mean to be inside information or whatever.

7 minutes ago, RicRic said:

The press don't have a clue when it comes to our transfer dealings. Speculation is just that. They had written us off as signing Kamara and look what happened.