Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

11 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Maybe, but I've seen far too many young Italian strikers have an excellent season, get hyped as a savior, and then flame out. 

Yeah agree, think he is a bit different. An old school poacher that is probably outdted in the modern game, we have players to feed him

It wont happen so ifs and buts

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I like the look of Scamacca, as long as I don’t run into him in a dark alley.

He's the one I'm highest on at the moment (I thought he did an excellent job against Germany), but I refuse to fall in love again. I've been hurt too many times before. 😩

8 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Does anyone want to do the hard work and let me know how many minutes combined these players played for us last season?

Except for Targett's first half a season of no shows, I can't imagine the rest add up to even 10 games worth of minutes..

Had a look, I haven’t verified from more than one source (I’m not going to be doing that).

Premier League minutes for 21/22 -

Targett 1433

Hause 395 

El Ghazi 383 

Sanson 352 

Traore 213 

Davis 11

Trez 10 

Wes 1

Guilbert 0

Kalinic 0

That’s 1365 minutes without Targett’s playing time, which works out to be about 15 matches worth of minutes between them.

Only looked at the league, so not sure about the cup games. I noted Guilbert featured in a league cup match.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

Bloody hell, didn't realise it was so high but I suppose it is very much skewed by the top 30 earners, so maybe an average of about 50k for the non elite players so it shouldn't be too difficult to shift our players on

Well I don't know if it is mean, mode or median :D

One thing is for sure it is north of 40k

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

Why dont we go south america and look for a striker im sure we can get 10x times better than the players were targeting 

I'd go along with this just because I don't want us to sign players like Kean.

Heung Min Son eh?  Well at least that would stop the bugger from scoring against us quite so much.  Absolutely brilliant player and if this was in any way true, I'd be doing cartwheels.  

1 minute ago, STO said:

Heung Min Son eh?  Well at least that would stop the bugger from scoring against us quite so much.  Absolutely brilliant player and if this was in any way true, I'd be doing cartwheels.  

Same, he’s probably my favourite non Villa player in the Prem 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Had a look, I haven’t verified from more than one source (I’m not going to be doing that).

Premier League minutes for 21/22 -

Targett 1433

Hause 395 

El Ghazi 383 

Sanson 352 

Traore 213 

Davis 11

Trez 10 

Wes 1

Guilbert 0

Kalinic 0

That’s 1365 minutes without Targett’s playing time, which works out to be about 15 matches worth of minutes between them.

Only looked at the league, so not sure about the cup games. I noted Guilbert featured in a league cup match.

Thank you muchly.

Given we coped without Targett since his loan, and look to be bringing in another left back of sorts, I am discounting his minutes.

What's left is a whole host of players we wouldn't miss if they were sold. I would like to have seen what Sanson could do, given more minutes,  same with Traoré, but if they're sold we absolutely won't miss them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886m7bv5vrh6dmliob9eo

If we sign him I'd literally, figuratively, and physically, crap myself in excitement.  It's not happening.

Aside from the fact he'd cost closer to 100m and probably already earns more than 140k, there's very little chance every champions league team wouldn't be in for him.