Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I take satisfaction calling out Rashica for not being Premier League quality when we were in for him (I watched him at Werder Bremen). Even Norwich fans now see he is not good enough. Rashica would be a step down from El Ghazi.

This guy kinds has me feeling a similar way about Bailey...although I hope to be proven wrong!

Sancho isn't exactly doing well either.

Just because they are good in the Bundesliga....

Some will suit PL, others not.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Don't see Hickey coming to be second fiddle, not a fan of Bassey, very gangly.

My thoughts exactly. Hickey left for Italy for first team football, he’s not coming to us to sit on the bench.

Rangers fans love Bassey, they can't stop raving about him, seems the issue is when plays centre back, but as a left back he's contender for their player of the season, he's with Unique Sport Management like quite a few of our other players.

Where does this team finish…

—————————Watkins—————————
——————Coutinho—Buendia——————
———Ramsey—Phillips—Bissouma———
Digne———Mings———Gomez———Cash
—————————Martinez—————————

?

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Where does this team finish…

—————————Watkins—————————
——————Coutinho—Buendia——————
———Ramsey—Phillips—Bissouma———
Digne———Mings———Gomez———Cash
—————————Martinez—————————

?

Without a consistent finisher? Top 8.

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Someone that we’ve been linked with Stefan De Vrij previously is playing for Inter Milan v Juventus in the Coppa Italia final on Freesports channel 65. He looks excellent so far

Bet you Inter win.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Top 6.

Problem is actually finding one.

An expensive problem too. 

As much as I’m not keen on selling Watkins to West Ham, if the club genuinely think they can find someone more clinical, who wants to join, do the deal. 

We need to be brave. Liverpool sold Suarez and Coutinho in their prime and look at them now…

I don’t like the word overhaul too much, but we need to really try and push this Summer and realise that we’re not getting to where we want to be with this group of players - as much as some of us like them. 

I want to see at least a new CB, CMx2 in the side next season. I agree that in order to really kick on you need to add a striker into the mix too.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, TRO said:

I think we have to be careful in appraising " Moments " players.

Players who have great moments,in games,  but no consistency.

We see great goals or great passing moments, but when we buy them or study them closely, they are no better than what we already have...(just generalising)

We need players who can be effective for the majority of the game.....then and only then, can we expect 90 minutes performance as opposed to 45 minutes.

Over the years we have been too quick to be seduced, by the odd moment in a game....and neglected the less flamboyant, but solid, consistent performers.

as a random example....would we have ever bought Jordan Henderson from Sunderland?....would we ever have signed Declan Rice from Chelsea?, only since his raised profile, do we get interested, then its expensive.....have we ever tried for Jude Bellingham, when he was at Blues?

These kind of players, have rarely caught our eye, and yet they are central to consistency.....this is the element we must find if we have aspirations of European football.

I think we have much to learn in recruitment......just hoping this summer, challenges my view.

Moments players who produce those moments regularly in each game are fine but only if they are attacking players, can't afford them anywhere else.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

Laimer? I pull up look at his playing style on YouTube and look at stats etc. 

So far Look good but I want..... who play at "CENTRAL AKA "MIDDLE" AREA" Defensive midfield not RCM / LCM! Please just CDM; Because This happen goal last Tuesday, most of match when we don't have Marvellous in this roles (or Chamber / Tim I) this reason we cons the goal. Luiz not suitable this roles we need find proper natural CDM.

where he most play in "RCM" But we have Ramsey or Luiz, Sanson in there well stock in this dept.

we need other "LCM" where McGinn sole roles, we need go find Left Centre Midfield (left foot) and show McGinn he is not automatic and stay in pitch, not sub even he is play bad form and still pick in XI every week in and out. When he is good form and play advanced he much better same as Luiz.

Koopmeiners & Kamara would transform our midfield.

Axel Witsel available on a free?
Just turned 33, but may have another couple of years in him at DCM - especially if he could be rotated. And he'd bring experience into that centre midfield, that I feel we really lack.

He'd be an upgrade on Marvellous, who we could sell and make it a cash positive deal - and it'd buy time for Big Tim to develop another year or 2. (We'd still need another DCM).

Just a thought.

Just now, Pez1974 said:

Axel Witsel available on a free?
Just turned 33, but may have another couple of years in him at DCM - especially if he could be rotated. And he'd bring experience into that centre midfield, that I feel we really lack.

He'd be an upgrade on Marvellous, who we could sell and make it a cash positive deal - and it'd buy time for Big Tim to develop another year or 2. (We'd still need another DCM).

Just a thought.

NO!

Legs are gone, he isn't the same player as a couple of years ago.

• Like 2