Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Fernandinho leaving City 🤔

But I see the likes of Newcastle all over these types.

Apparently he's agreed with his family to move back to Brazil.

Then again money changes things. Not that he's not got a lot already 

• Like 2

Bissouma alongside Marvellous would be fine.

I do think SG sees Chuck and TimI as our long term central midfield combination.

If we are considering Suarez, maybe Dzeko, similar age would be a better fit. Archer is coming through, i think we need a speedy wide attacking goalscorer a la Mane to take advantage og PC undoubted talent.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

And i know its not a popular choice, but i'd have Origi for a sum of about £20m

I can't see that being very popular considering he's available on a free in the summer.

2 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

And i know its not a popular choice, but i'd have Origi for a sum of about £20m

He is out of contract apparently and is on a mind boggling 80k a week 😂😂

22 hours ago, TRO said:

We need some serious due dilligence, for the summer scouting.....but the World cup will surely throw a spanner in the works, in relation to time?.....sorry, Thought it was in The summer and not November.......senior moment.😀

I see a real danger of wasting money again....and hoping, I am wrong.

factors to consider:

• How do we sign a class player from a team, where he is doing well, why would they let him go?
  • How do we reconcile a lower table position?...where's the attraction?
  • Most teams only let go, when players are no good for them, so we have to gamble that they play well for us.
  • 2 of the best centre backs in our history, were only secured, because they had issues....Laursen & McGrath.
  • Maybe we need to fish, where not many others are pitching.
  • Pigs in pokes are so very, very easy to stumble on....don't we know?
  • I can't see us raising much money from sales.
  • I am relying heavily on the reputation of SG to negate some of the above, whether that's reasonable, time will tell.

1 hour ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Bissouma alongside Marvellous would be fine.

I do think SG sees Chuck and TimI as our long term central midfield combination.

If we are considering Suarez, maybe Dzeko, similar age would be a better fit. Archer is coming through, i think we need a speedy wide attacking goalscorer a la Mane to take advantage og PC undoubted talent.

always loved Dzeko

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CVByrne said:

So Bissouma, who has played the majority of games over last two seasons as a defensive midfielder is "not a DCM". 

Can't really have a discussion if playing in the position doesn't qualify you as a DCM

That's despite the fact we play a flat 3 in midfield anyway. We need a defensively better CM to replace Luiz in the system. 

He is a 'second' DCM like Luis is.

Nakamba is a true DCM, Bissouma is good at passing through the lines etc he is a hybrid, if we play with one DCM he isn't the answer. He is the answer in a double pivot.