Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

27 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

We definitely need to upgrade centre back position.  Someone to come in and start from the off. We all know midfield and cover for left back is a must, Definitely need to add a CB to the shopping list.

we are 4 deep in the position. i can see us holding pat for now.

I think we will sign a defender, a left-back, a defensive-midfielder, a central-midfielder, a creative attacker, and a striker. With the exception of the left-back I think all those will be brought to come straight into the first team as well, have a feeling the left-back might be one that can play right-back so should be plenty of opportunities for that signing to get game time, would also allow Kesler-Hayden to have a season in the championship.

We will probably selling a few players not because they're bad per se but because we need better and more consistent players for our aims, and a few players that we've thought of as automatic starters over the last few seasons will become squad players.

I think the players we bring in will be a step up in qualify from what we've been able to bring in previously as well, Countinho loan was a sign of things to come.

Next season there will be no excuses, we will be expected to challenge top six and do a lot better in the League Cup and FA Cup as well.

1 minute ago, useless said:

I think the players we bring in will be a step up in qualify from what we've been able to bring in previously as well, Countinho loan was a sign of things to come.

I think we will struggle to attract players who are a step up. We can’t offer Europe, nor can we offer a positive trend, good vibes or a proven manager. Players on their way up career wise will have other options.

What we possibly can offer is high salaries, potentially for big name players who are looking to sign one final lucrative contract before winding down.

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Our owners are dripping with dough, we can offer players money, that's what it takes and it's what will happen.

Exactly, we may go for players who have come relatively far in their careers and are ready to give up status and european football, to prioritize money instead.

Think Kyle Walker-Peters has had a terrific season for Southampton. He's someone who I'd target if someone dropped 40m + for Cash which could happen given the Atletico Madrid rumours.

Think he's played a decent amount for Southampton at LB this season despite being more of an RB so that would be pretty ideal.

28 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Announce the real Grealish Replacement 

I actually love him, relatively unpopular opinion on here.

However, I'm wondering why they would sell him?

Unless they've got mega transfers lined up?

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Apprently he wants to play with Sanson

• Haha 1

Starting to feel our window will be exciting but predictable. I'm not sure giving money to Gerrard is the right thing but happy to be proven wrong..

Think we'll end up with something like 

Hickey, Gomez, Phillips/Bissouma, Suarez and Coutinho.

It'll be hard to say that's a bad window considering the names but I think we'll see some big outs that we'll live to regret and I'd be very worried with that ex Liverpool contingent if Gerrard didn't perform and moved on with what happens with their desire and attitudes then.

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

Announce the real Grealish Replacement 

ASM is the definition of a player lacking end product, or lacking a brain even. I can understand Howe wants to sell him since he’s cost them quite a few points this season, casually dribbling and being dispossessed at the halfway line. Makes Traore look disciplined.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nick76 said:

You’re just proving my point.  Yep, this crop of players are going to be different, the NextGen crop aren’t as good as these.  Sounds like conversations I’ve had for over 30 years, that a new generation is better than a previous star generation.  There is always a reason why this generation has it over previous ones.  Don’t worry I used to be the same as you but now realise that you hope a couple get through and knowing many who won’t who you thought would. They’ll have fine careers at lower levels but won’t quite make it as we thought they would.  You cherish the ones that do make it like Jack and JJ.  I know you won’t agree with me but it’s the way it is.

We've gone out to sign top prospects from other academies this time so you'd think in theory they would be more talented individuals that we've planted into our own academy.  I guess that's more likely to produce players than from the particular bunch of local lads we spotted as schoolboys in yesteryear.  The transfer policy could make it all redundant if we aren't careful though and totally shift it to getting 'winners' in.  Hopefully the 5 sub rule will allow minutes for fringe senior players and the young lads as at the moment it's nigh on impossible to give both adequate opportunities.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Probably cos they don't think he's that good.

I agree. He's not 50m good at all.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 2