Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

Having torn my ACL myself, the way he was walking off and down the tunnel suggests it may not have been a full rupture. Hopefully limited meniscus / cartilage damage too. That's the only reason I can see for briefing out a 5 month time line but I would be amazed if it's that soon. Hopefully we see him again in 2024. 

An absolute shitter and a real blow to the season given how important he is to how we play. 

I think Unai needs to come up with a new style as we don't have anyone else who is press-resistant in that role. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Your not allowed to be right on here.

I've learned that today. Shouldn't have said anything should I.

I'm honestly not being sarcastic here but I think it's my own fault for trying to discuss medical topics on a football forum. I just need to be a fan like everyone else and only post about football stuff. I don't know why I feel compelled to post medical stuff on here or feel like I need to correct people if they are barking up the wrong tree.

So instead, I'm just going to say I'm absolutely gutted about this and can't believe our bad luck and hope the rumours about Konsa aren't true.

• Like 2

Just now, Tom13 said:

Think Unai has said knee sprain - 3-4 weeks.

Hope so but rumours that it’s a more serious injury have come up today…

Restoring the Pau and Konsa partnership would give me plenty of hope and optimism…

but… if it’s a long term injury to Ezri as well… 😖

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

They detected Kamara’s within a day. I’d be shocked if Konsa needed more than a week due to swelling for an ACL tear confirmation. Sounds bogus.

I hope it is bogus… we really need Ezri back… he’s been immense…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

I'm honestly not being sarcastic here but I think it's my own fault for trying to discuss medical topics on a football forum. I just need to be a fan like everyone else and only post about football stuff. I don't know why I feel compelled to post medical stuff on here or feel like I need to correct people if they are barking up the wrong tree.

So instead, I'm just going to say I'm absolutely gutted about this and can't believe our bad luck and hope the rumours about Konsa aren't true.

FWIW I appreciate you providing relevant knowledge on the topic. 

Just now, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

Nobody is taking issue with you giving your medical opinion. All I was doing was pointing out that the club (seemingly at least) have given a recovery timeframe of 4-5 months but you essentially doubled it based on just looking at the injury from afar. At the end of the day, on this specific injury the club are going to know more than you.

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Lot of crybabies saying the season is over 😂

We have won 9 games from the 20 he hasnt started since he signed. Great player and hope he recovers soon but OTT dramatics

Unsurprisingly it's the same people who are the most critical of the manager/players calling them mentally weak.

In all this there is a player who has now had two bad injuries in about 18 months, missing out on the chance of representing his country at two major tournaments in a row. He must be distraught.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I’ll apologise before the rant… but I can’t help being pissed off rn… but WTH is it with these bullshit “season is over” posts?

Are we just going to lie down, roll over and accept defeats or being thrashed every week?

We’re made of much better stuff, have an elite manager (genius coach) and good players… we will fight for every point… and may yet surprise everyone…

The bad news is bad enough but the added negativity is depressing AF…

We won’t give in… neither should us fans… 

It's just so damn deflating though. Not just the three (three, ffs) ACLs, but Moreno was flying - was then injured for what seemed like a life time, Pau was flying, same happened to him, I mean how many games has he missed now? Same with JJ.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I’ll apologise before the rant… but I can’t help being pissed off rn… but WTH is it with these bullshit “season is over” posts?

Are we just going to lie down, roll over and accept defeats or being thrashed every week?

We’re made of much better stuff, have an elite manager (genius coach) and good players… we will fight for every point… and may yet surprise everyone…

Going off topic but its usually the people who think they have winning mentalities who are calling out players and managers regularly

Yet when the winning mentality should shine through they go complaining the season is over

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I can't even remember the injury, what happened?

Turned and twisted his knee and went down with no one around. I did fear the worst at the time. Was similar to Mings. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Bro I respect your knowledge and positive outlook. 

Seriously though we have just lost the one player which helps protect an already shaky defence. We have nobody ready to replace what Kamara brings. Simply it's going to mean we lose more games now. We can't compete with this many serious injuries. Most teams would collapse, and that's what is happening. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio
  • Like 1

Â