Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

11 minutes ago, lexicon said:

With all due respect, isn't it a bit silly to suggest a deal based on players that you 'haven't watched enough of'? 

I didn't say I would do the deal ... I was asking if you, or indeed others who may have a greater awareness of Adams and Amrabat, would consider such a deal. They are both experienced and seemingly highly regarded internationals who are supposedly available at a seemingly known price. I have seen them both but not as much as others might (my viewing is restricted to Villa, MoTD and world cups).

I like Kamara a lot but there are always option to trade and, if done smartly (like Brighton) this can produce a better team.

• Like 1

Just now, barry'sboots said:

I didn't say I would do the deal ... I was asking if you, or indeed others who may have a greater awareness of Adams and Amrabat, would consider such a deal. They are both experienced and seemingly highly regarded internationals who are supposedly available at a seemingly known price. I have seen them both but not as much as others might (my viewing is restricted to Villa, MoTD and world cups).

I like Kamara a lot but there are always option to trade and, if done smartly (like Brighton) this can produce a better team.

That remains to be seen at the level they find themselves at now. It's all well and good doing that lower down, but when you sell two key components of the midfield spine, there could well be teething issues there. 

In any case, the status quo is one of the most underrated things in life. People always want change because it's more exciting or someone sells promises of greener grass, but it's far from always the case. When you've got an 80m player and replace him with a 30m one, you cannot reasonably expect the same level of performance. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

In a shocking turn of events, Liverpool are reportedly after Kamara now that Caicedo and Lavia have gone to Chelsea.

Most likely bollocks to push through a deal for Amrabat, but you never know.

Would take £100m plus to get him out of the team. Anything less and I’d be disappointed in Monchi.

Liverpool showed their hand by offering £110m for Caicedo. They can’t afford him, hence why they’ve moved onto the likes of Endo. 

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Liverpool showed their hand by offering £110m for Caicedo. They can’t afford him, hence why they’ve moved onto the likes of Endo. 

Didn't they sign some Japanese DM from Stuttgart? 

I wouldn't be surprised if they were never going to actually sign Caicedo, and it was all just to make FSG look like they wanted to spend money to get the fans of their backs.

If they are interested in Kamara it will take a monumental offer to tempt us.

40 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

You've obviously seen a lot of Adams then? He seems to get a good press. Why would you be so against him?

We already have better than Adams. My pal is a Leeds STH and his opinion is that he flatters to deceive.

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

In any case, the status quo is one of the most underrated things in life. People always want change because it's more exciting or someone sells promises of greener grass, but it's far from always the case. When you've got an 80m player and replace him with a 30m one, you cannot reasonably expect the same level of performance. 

100% this. 

Players improve as well, when in a settled team. Look at Luiz and Konsa last season. Changing 5 or 6 players every season is never going to work. If you have quality players, keep them and build around them. 

2 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

No disrespect to Brighton, they have done wonderfully recently, but i hope we have loftier ambitions than them. 

Brighton won't always keep finding gems. Look at Southampton. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

So if you could get, say, £80m for Kamara and £10m for Dendonker and replace the two with Tyler Adams and Amrabat for a combined £50m to £60m, leaving you £30m to put in to a top left winger would you consider that?

Definitely not

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool come in for him, he'd do very well there I'm sure. However, we do know how much cash they have available, and I'd be informing them that any offers below £110m will be immediately filed into the recycling.

4 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

So if you could get, say, £80m for Kamara and £10m for Dendonker and replace the two with Tyler Adams and Amrabat for a combined £50m to £60m, leaving you £30m to put in to a top left winger would you consider that?

Based on what I have seen of all these players I would say that sounds like good business.

But I haven’t seen anywhere near enough of those 2 players really.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

No disrespect to Brighton, they have done wonderfully recently, but i hope we have loftier ambitions than them. 

Brighton won't always keep finding gems. Look at Southampton. 

but so far, so good, for them.

I would love, a Evan Ferguson.

However, our bunch of  Kamara, McGinn, Luiz, Martinez and Tielemans was a bit of a coup to say the least.

On another note, some clubs do seem to attract huge fee's from their sales....Brighton, Wolves, Southampton, Spurs, just to name a few.

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

but so far, so good for them.

I would love, a Evan Ferguson.

However, our bunch of  Kamara, McGinn, Luiz, Martinez and Tielemans was a bit of a coup to say the least.

On another note, some clubs do seem to attract huge fee's from their sales....Brighton, Wolves, Southampton, Spurs, just to name a few.

I think that's because they're selling their crown jewels whereas apart from Jack we have managed to keep hold of ours in recent times 🤞

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pete101 said:

Think mostly only few but them few forget that our turn in form did not only line up with arrival of Unai but the return from injury of Kamara

Hmm not sure about that, it's not like we were great with Kamara under Slippy

11 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Under the right direction i am pretty sure that evan ferguson will be a 100m player in a few years..would love to have him at the villa.

Ditto x 1000

12 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Under the right direction i am pretty sure that evan ferguson will be a 100m player in a few years..would love to have him at the villa.

Don't think there'll be many meaningful transfers between them and us tbf. 

Many of us on here, was banging the drum for a Kamara, a CDM with some authority, before his arrival....He has been an astute signing, and a significant aid to the resilience of the team....The price was one thing, but his ability is quite another.

but just of late, his form has dipped a tad and he is not quite so engaging in duels, losing possession in key areas of the pitch. That can be a bit of a worry.

I still have total faith in him, but I also recognise, it can be detrimental to our results.....I hope he gets back soon, to the Authority he was.

Edited by TRO

Â