Rodrigo Bentancur

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

As 'daft' as it is to take what's on a messageboard as gospel, you can't help but be a little concerned by those comments from fans that watch him all the time. 

Not really.

Some of our fans think Keinan Davis is a goal scoring run away from being a 30 goal a season PL striker.

I also thought that Borja Baston would be a good signing at the time for what we needed.

Turns out some fans, myself included, know **** all from time to time.

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

As 'daft' as it is to take what's on a messageboard as gospel, you can't help but be a little concerned by those comments from fans that watch him all the time. 

I was reading the juve forum about him last night and they are split, it's not all people saying he's shit at all.

• Like 2

According to fbref, bentancur has a pass completion % of 87.7, whereas Andrea Pirlo had 87% in the 11/12 season for juventus which rose to 89% the season after. I don't have the full figures on pass distance but I'm hoping Andrea was also held to account for awful pass accuracy

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Not really.

Some of our fans think Keinan Davis is a goal scoring run away from being a 30 goal a season PL striker.

I also thought that Borja Baston would be a good signing at the time for what we needed.

Turns out some fans, myself included, know **** all from time to time.

🤣

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Concerning. We have Juventus fans think he's terrible then Villa twitter accounts saying he be our greatest ever signing.

1 minute ago, MSvillain said:

According to fbref, bentancur has a pass completion % of 87.7, whereas Andrea Pirlo had 87% in the 11/12 season for juventus which rose to 89% the season after. I don't have the full figures on pass distance but I'm hoping Andrea was also held to account for awful pass accuracy

This is the thing,
Juventus fans are giving their opinions from their eyes. 
Villa analytics accounts are giving their opinion from comparing fbref stats without ever seeing the player actually play. This guy below for example.

21 minutes ago, messi11 said:

image.thumb.png.c458a2a59b5035848be6a3f7ec7756dd.png

image.thumb.png.fca45a9cfc0bc72ed66db9a77074fb0f.png

"Elite passer"

I may be being dumb but why is the message board in English, I would assume it’s all in Italian or does it have an auto translate feature?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, messi11 said:

This is the thing,
Villa analytics accounts are giving their opinion from comparing fbref stats without ever seeing the player actually play. This guy below for example.

It's pass accuracy, it's a tangible, measurable metric, what are you even talking about?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, messi11 said:

This is the thing,

Certain Juve fans have an opinion that is contradicted by actual evidence, basically. I know which one I'm rolling with.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, messi11 said:

This is the thing,

Honestly I’d trust Gerrard and Lange’s opinions more than either ‘analytics’ twitter accounts or a few cherry picked opinions from fans who confirm your preconceptions (who btw we have no guarantee know the difference between their arse and their elbow) If there’s someone in the game today who knows what they are talking about when it comes to midfield play then it’s our manager and if he rates him then Im all in.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Dai, tutti parlano italiano oggi.

sono d'accordo, forse dovremmo provare questo forum in italiano

edit: Google translate probably screwed me on this

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Agreed.

Going by some of the comments on our board Emi Buendia is shit, Mings is shit, Luiz is shit, McGinn is shi....

But Leroy Fer, Philip Billing and that ginger guy that played for Brentford were elite

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Possibly need to factor set pieces into those kind of numbers, same with comparing Bentancur and Luiz. Guessing Bentancur's passing numbers are are not being brought down by taking corners and free kicks in forward areas, where Luiz and Pirlo's numbers are presumably affected by this to some degree.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I may be being dumb but why is the message board in English, I would assume it’s all in Italian or does it have an auto translate feature?

Probably an English forum where fans have never actually seen him live

• Like 3

Â