Rodrigo Bentancur

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, villaglint said:

All of you part time scouts are missing the ONLY thing that matters to the gaffa in your reports. 

How aggressive is he? 

I would say his style of play is very laid back so not aggressive at all. He times his tackles well. He's more about positioning than rolling his sleeves up and going in for every tackle. 

12 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

These stats reflect the standard of performance I thought I was watching but then again I haven't already made up my mind that Villa shouldn't sign him so...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

How much of that is down to the manager. Do you think Southgate would have the same set of players playing the same way?

Mancini is obviously a better manager than Southgate but it's not like Mancini worked wonders with a plucky underdog Italy side. They were betting on themselves to win before the tournament.

Englands biggest issue wasn't Southgate IMO, as always it was them thinking they are better than they are and therefore not being thorough enough. Big Billy bollocks who thought it was gonna be easy. 

• Like 1

Just now, Steero113 said:

Did yours have a PS controller coming out of the TV?

Just now, Loxstock92 said:

Did you have the Barca game on by mistake?

I think both of you was watching Pedri or De Jong by mistake 

• Haha 1

Truly awful game of football, our game yesterday was pretty bad but it was streets ahead of this. I only watched the first half though. Thought the kid was ok, you don’t get much for £16 million these days so would be a decent squad player at that sort of money. The game was so slow it’s hard to judge if he could cope with the speed, power and technical aspects of the PL. It would definitely take him some time to get up to speed. My gut feeling is that he isn’t the type of CDM we need or I was hoping for. It would be a bit of a gamble but could be worth taking. Anymore than the quoted price and I wouldn’t go anywhere near it. 

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

The 3rd comment on there pretty much sums my thoughts on the negativity up - he played alright but he's not good enough if juve want to play at the top end of European football

Their fans measuring stick is very different to ours

Massive pinch of salt over their moaning about him 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

You made your mind up before the game started. 

He changed it a few times during the game as well 🤣

55 minutes ago, av1 said:

Good to know

Hang on 

Oh dear. You try too much

26 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Decent performance. He won a hell a lot of tackles!
You have to admit he does walk around a lot, Pace of the game was very slow
Its hard to judge how good he really is. Guess we just have to trust our scouts. 

15 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Totally agree, he's very average. 

I appreciate Nakamba and Luiz a lot more now. 

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

You made your mind up before the game started. 

A lot of people on here made up their mind up that he be a good signing before seeing him play, so works in both ways.

Anyways his positioning and ball winning impressed me.
The lack of energy he showed tonight concerned me. 

Hard to judge a player on 1 game

• Like 1

Some players don’t need to run around like a clearing in the woods, because they have the brain to read the game and be in the right place. 

Likewise, some don’t need to be aggressive, because their timing is so good.

I’ve never seen this player, so can’t really tell if he is that sort. But you can be a DM without perceived energy and aggression. 

Admittedly, these are rarer players.

Edited by Clarry
Spelling
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, sne said:

Mancini is obviously a better manager than Southgate but it's not like Mancini worked wonders with a plucky underdog Italy side. They were betting on themselves to win before the tournament.

Englands biggest issue wasn't Southgate IMO, as always it was them thinking they are better than they are and therefore not being thorough enough. Big Billy bollocks who thought it was gonna be easy. 

Mancini took over the Italian national team that had just failed to qualify for the world cup. The reason they were one of the favourites for the Euros was because of how Mancini got them playing football

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

Mancini took over the Italian national team that had just failed to qualify for the world cup. The reason they were one of the favourites for the Euros was because of how Mancini got them playing football

Well yeah.

Anyway this is OT since Bentancur is from Uruguay

Â