Best TV theme tunes

Xela

An early one this. It is also thought that this tune lead to the phase "Hell bent for leather" being widely used by people

Sung by Frankie Laine I think. A certain band I used to work for did a cracking version and there are many covers inclusing The Jackson 5 and most famously The Blues Brothers

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I was in a band, mates effectively. I wrote some stone cold classics and one I played and sung it to the rest of the band, the response was Pete, you have written the theme to the **** double deckers. Philistines. It was completely different.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I was in a band, mates effectively. I wrote some stone cold classics and one I played and sung it to the rest of the band, the response was Pete, you have written the theme to the **** double deckers. Philistines. It was completely different.

Single decker for starters? 

• Like 1

Bit of a different take as it’s an adult animation and it’s pretty basic musically but as an altogether intro for me it’s Season 6 of BoJack Horseman. They modify the animation on the intro every major story beat and the gradual removal of characters from the intro as BoJack alienates and destroys everyone around him until his previously bustling mad, comedy set of a house slowly empties until he is completely alone is really well done. Then they changed it entirely for season 6 which is just essentially a walkthrough of the trauma and darkest moments of one of the best morally bad protagonists I have ever seen on TV (he’s not evil just a reeeeally reeeeally shitty person) and if you are invested enough in the show to GET to season six then centring it around the planetarium is heartbreaking after the events that had previously taken place there.

• Like 1

Â