Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

2 hours ago, tinker said:

Maybe he doesn't but some of his family or friends might.

Being a keeper is the hardest position on the field, from a physiological perspective . A number 2 keeper with Emi being number 1 is a nightmare scenario, he's so good..

I concur. 

Would I like us to sign a much better no.2? Of course. Do I think it's possible to get a good keeper to come and play second fiddle to Emi? Probably not.

It's the most difficult position to get cover for IMO and pretty much every team has the same problem. It's probably more appealing to go and be no.1 at a championship club for example.

Edited by villan95
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Enda said:

Oh, please.

The club needs to be ruthless, not pathetic.

OK, lets throw our dummy in and destroy our stand in keeper because we are not getting a new keeper, like a child. 

• Like 2

We will probably bring in another keeper, Olsen playing the first half last night doesn't mean anything, it would be foolish not to give him some game time in pre-season just in case move for an alternative keeper doesn't work out for whatever reason, Sanson played against Walsall, I think people read too much into friendlies.

38 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Would I like us to sign a much better no.2? Of course. Do I think it's possible to get a good keeper to come and play second fiddle to Emi? Probably not.

It's the most difficult position to get cover for IMO and pretty much every team has the same problem. It's probably more appealing to go and be no.1 at a championship club for example.

Which is why going for an older decent keeper is normally the way to go. They maybe looking for their last contract and a premier league team 2nd keeper will be I guess, getting more than a championship 1st keeper, and with only a few years left, will have less chance of playing regularly and getting injured. So get paid more, play less and see out your career. Kind of like Heaton did by going to utd with zero realistic chance of playing.

That's why I would be more than happy getting Keylor Navas who forest loaned last season, on a season long loan.

Ball playing, good shot stopper and most likely at his age will be happy as cover for the best keeper in the world.

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

Which is why going for an older decent keeper is normally the way to go. They maybe looking for their last contract and a premier league team 2nd keeper will be I guess, getting more than a championship 1st keeper, and with only a few years left, will have less chance of playing regularly and getting injured. So get paid more, play less and see out your career. Kind of like Heaton did by going to utd with zero realistic chance of playing.

That's why I would be more than happy getting Keylor Navas who forest loaned last season, on a season long loan.

Ball playing, good shot stopper and most likely at his age will be happy as cover for the best keeper in the world.

I like Navas but didn't he got on loan to Forest though because he wants to play? Also on huge wages I think.

5 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

He's going back to Madrid?

Club rates our own young keepers and don't want to be spending big money on back up in that area if we can produce our own, it's one of the big aims of the goalkeeping department, so any new signing is likely to be an older player to come in as a stop-gap until one of the youngsters are ready to be second choice.

1 hour ago, villan95 said:

I disagree. I think we could definitely find somebody better than Olsen who would be prepared to be back up to Martinez.

26 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He's going back to Madrid?

Is he ? He has a year left on his contract, I would snap him up for cover this season if we just had to pay the 100k pw and then he would probs go to Arab land to secure his retirement.

5 million in wages may seem a huge amount, however the drop down in quality is far less than olsen and would give us the best possible chance to win something or get higher up the league. A small gamble for 12 months.

24 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Is he ? He has a year left on his contract, I would snap him up for cover this season if we just had to pay the 100k pw and then he would probs go to Arab land to secure his retirement.

5 million in wages may seem a huge amount, however the drop down in quality is far less than olsen and would give us the best possible chance to win something or get higher up the league. A small gamble for 12 months.

Apparently on £200K PW at PSG. Forest paid half when he was on loan.

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

One thing is for sure, he's the best Swedish goalkeeper we've ever had.

Viktor Johansson will be gutted to hear that 😝

He might actually be on a higher level now

• Haha 1

The Olsen mistakes came first followed by the criticism, not the other way round.

Its the coaching staff's job to build his confidence not the fans.

He always looks so nervous and just doesn't look comfortable.

Let's see how he goes in the rest of the pre season games !

43 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I always got the feeling Emery was happy with Olsen. Especially given how he was happy with playing him in the Spurs game when he could have played Emi. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Villa 59 said:

Now that Unai has spoken how about we stop speculating and start getting behind him. Unai has improved other players and maybe he has done likewise with Olsen!

This 100%

Â