Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Sounds like his wife is as efficient at letting shots hit the target as he is.

Not sure, wouldn't they be in DMX numbers if that was true?

• 3 weeks later...

I know this sounds a little harsh to say the least, but is anyone else not letting themselves get too excited about preseason and beyond until we announce a new no.2? No point in having a top-class defence if the goalie is a bit crap. And as it stands, with us being in 4 competitions, he definitely would get games.

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/07/2023 at 01:17, Powehi said:

I know this sounds a little harsh to say the least, but is anyone else not letting themselves get too excited about preseason and beyond until we announce a new no.2? No point in having a top-class defence if the goalie is a bit crap. And as it stands, with us being in 4 competitions, he definitely would get games.

I don't think we will be announcing a new number 2, not this window anyway.  People may not like it, but Olsen is here for the foreseeable I reckon.

• Like 2

On 13/07/2023 at 12:17, Powehi said:

Spurs away

Looks like Olsen will

be staying but there was a lot of goalkeepers available on frees/cheap who are better. Begovic and butland were available earlier in the summer, I would have been a lot more comfortable with either of those as number 2

2 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Looks like Olsen will

be staying but there was a lot of goalkeepers available on frees/cheap who are better. Begovic and butland were available earlier in the summer, I would have been a lot more comfortable with either of those as number 2

Managerial Masterpeice. — FIFA Forums

There is a reason they've both moved to Championship and the SPL respectively.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Looks like Olsen will

Said it in the summer window but if I was replacing Olsen I would be looking at Vaclik. Won titles in 3 countries and the Europa league, of a good age for a goalkeeper.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

I don't think we will be announcing a new number 2, not this window anyway.  People may not like it, but Olsen is here for the foreseeable I reckon.

I agree.

There are a few things to Ponder

• Goal keepers don't get injured that often, which can frustrate the hell out of a N0 2
  • The Goal keeping coach will be working on Olsen, for sure.
  • Brad Friedel's back ups ......Guzan, SJ Taylor and AJ Marshall............Not exactly great.
  • Mark Bosnich's back ups.....N Spink ( in the twilight of his career) M Oakes and Adam Rachel......again not awe inspiring.

Its not easy to get top class No 2's

I would hazard a guess.....Robin Olsen will be Emi's back up.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I agree.

There are a few things to Ponder

• Goal keepers don't get injured that often, which can frustrate the hell out of a N0 2
  • The Goal keeping coach will be working on Olsen, for sure.
  • Brad Friedel's back ups ......Guzan, SJ Taylor and AJ Marshall............Not exactly great.
  • Mark Bosnich's back ups.....N Spink ( in the twilight of his career) M Oakes and Adam Rachel......again not awe inspiring.

Its not easy to get top class No 2's

I would hazard a guess.....Robin Olsen will be Emi's back up.

I'd also add that there have been no links to any goalkeepers, if we were truly after a new number 2, there would be bullshit links a-plenty all over social media.  No indication either that Olsen is seeking a move, so as long as he's here, we seemingly aren't in the market for a number 2 at this moment in time.

• Like 1

I also wouldn't be surprised if Olsen remains no.2. Matches like Stevenage, Man Utd and Brentford didn't inspire confidence although he did okay v Spurs.

How uncomfortable he is with the ball at his feet and just sorting his feet in general is probably the biggest issue when he plays.

Edited by villan95

Just now, villan95 said:

I also wouldn't be surprised if Olsen remains no.2. Matches like Stevenage, Man Utd and Brentford didn't inspire confidence although he did okay v Spurs. How uncomfortable he is with the ball at his feet and just sorting his feet in general is probably the biggest issue when he plays.

Another thing to note, is that most of Olsen's games under Emery came in the first month or so of his tenure, when the whole team was unadjusted to the new style of play.  He's had months of coaching since then.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villan95 said:

I also wouldn't be surprised if Olsen remains no.2. Matches like Stevenage, Man Utd and Brentford didn't inspire confidence although he did okay v Spurs.

How uncomfortable he is with the ball at his feet and just sorting his feet in general is probably the biggest issue when he plays.

Spurs had one shot on target.  It was cleared by Ashley Young.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Another thing to note, is that most of Olsen's games under Emery came in the first month or so of his tenure, when the whole team was unadjusted to the new style of play.  He's had months of coaching since then.

True although the mistake v Brentford was a shocker 😬

Â