Lucas Digne

villan-scott

6 hours ago, lexicon said:

I dare say that it's a reflection of the squad at large. The group mentality is very important and can rub off on players - if it's shit like it was the last couple of seasons around the time of relegation, then it's a lot harder for players. 

Our squad is full of good professionals and has been since about 2018 with odd exceptions. We dont sign many clearings in the woods now

Was one of the things that Gerrard media buddies tried to spin that we had bad eggs like Mings 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jono62 said:

When the going got tough, the Digne didn't get going unlike another left back.

Some good characters in the club now. Signing players with the right personalities is to me, more important than pure ability. You can been immensely talented, but if you are a word removed, then its not going to work out. 

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Yes and the other left back hardly plays at his new club now...

He's finished there - with Burn and now Hall coming in, he'll be third choice. 

5 hours ago, Xela said:

He's finished there - with Burn and now Hall coming in, he'll be third choice. 

Wonder if quietly he wished he had stayed and fought for his place, it has worked out better for us because Moreno imo is way better than MT...

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Our squad is full of good professionals and has been since about 2018 with odd exceptions. We dont sign many clearings in the woods now

Was one of the things that Gerrard media buddies tried to spin that we had bad eggs like Mings 

Unai learnt all about bad eggs in his time at Arsenal, he would have a strict "no dickhead" policy in place I'm sure

not necessarily his fault, but this is the kind of game he is absolutely not made for. Liverpool closed him down and he didn't have the time and space that other teams would afford him. It's just the type of player that he is. Certain games are more suited for Moreno, certain games are more suited for Digne. 

He's a one dimension left back, average defending, decent crossing that's about it. Don't have the skill/ acceleration or confidence to beat a man or drive into penalty box to open up space for other attackers.. 

Hopefully will just be back up when Moreno return. 

He’s an excellent crosser - very much a stand and deliver crosser in a Beckham style. He’s been great in the last few games, but against the better teams he doesn’t have legs to cover the whole of the left hand side and even though the back 4 was left exposed yesterday, he feels the most vulnerable 1-on-1.

It’s not his fault, but the injury to Mings has meant Torres playing every game, and Torres and Digne together don’t have any real pace. Moreno will solve this problem hopefully.

I also noticed him pulling out of tackles a few times. Not a good luck.

I don't think it's a coincidence that he looked very solid against Salah in May with Ramsey in front of him and Mings next to him. With no press and a high line he was a sitting duck yesterday, still created two really good chances. Was admittedly very poor marking for the third goal 

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

thought it was a mixed game for him. Some good and bad moments.

Another assist for him though. Can't complain about his output at the start of the season.

No, agreed. I think he’s had a good start to the season - and that’s from someone who wanted him gone in the Summer (mainly due to ridiculous wages).

It’ll be interesting to see what happens when Moreno is back fully fit. 

Â