Lucas Digne

villan-scott

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I have no interest in white knighting any particular player

Stop doing it then?

He gets so much flack along with Leon when we play badly.

Players play badly, they get criticism.

Moreno cost us a goal too but I don’t see his thread flooded with such crap. That’s my point. 

Because he played much better than Digne.

Use new evidence to adjust your opinions.

I don’t think he’s playing well, but i also don’t think it’s an exaggeration to say he is a player who is a bit of a lightning rod when team performances are not at their best, at least on this forum. His contract and label as a “Gerrard player/buy” would, I believe, make him a likely target for criticism even if he was in better form. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Seems to be regressing at a fairly alarming rate. He was never a sensible signing but at least he played reasonably well when he came in. Now he looks really poor. A complete waste of money tbh. 

Retirement contract secured. Where's the motivation?

Idiots signing him. Gerrard, Lange, Purslow. Idiots.

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’m afraid I agree 100%. 

Stick with me son. It's great, you'll never be wrong again.

Frustrating as shit at times though.

1733521745_Screenshot_20230205-1223412.thumb.png.ed21dc6eb0db05e736abfd5bbf481d55.png

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, grantholtgolazo said:

I don’t think he’s playing well, but i also don’t think it’s an exaggeration to say he is a player who is a bit of a lightning rod when team performances are not at their best, at least on this forum. His contract and label as a “Gerrard player/buy” would, I believe, make him a likely target for criticism even if he was in better form. 

It's because if you're one of the highest paid in the squad, if not the highest, are turning 30 and have only shown for 3 seasons you're getting worse every year there is little hope.

What irks me most about this player is that he just seems so lazy defensively, like he can’t even be bothered to make challenges or do any of the hard work. He’s decent in the final third if we get the ball to him in space but that’s a fairly small slice of the overall role of a full back. He has no pace or skill to create an opportunities either. 

I thought he was really good in the final third yesterday, but you cant excuse the defending on 2 of the goals. I can excuse mistakes to a certain point, but i think his mistakes was lack of desire and the reason he was dragged off imo.

The Digne hate is odd. Konsa and Mings were both the main culprits at the back yesterday, and the last goal was Moreno's fault. None of them have had the same level of criticism. Digne's pass led to the second goal. Even Martinez and Kamara were dreadful yesterday and their decision to overplay from the back got Leicester back in the game.

Definitely better than Targett although that isn't saying much.

I'd happily get his high wages off the books in the summer but we'll need another left back as l haven't seen anything in Moreno to suggest he's a big upgrade if an upgrade at all plus he'll also be 30 next season.

Edited by Leeroy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Oaks said:

I thought he was really good in the final third yesterday, but you cant excuse the defending on 2 of the goals. I can excuse mistakes to a certain point, but i think his mistakes was lack of desire and the reason he was dragged off imo.

Second goal was poor from him, didn't react to danger which was their CF completely unmarked in six yard box and surprise surprise he scored the header. If cross was on other side Young would've tucked in and attempted to challenge.

Not sure what he could've done for third.

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Second goal was poor from him, didn't react to danger which was their CF completely unmarked in six yard box and surprise surprise he scored the header. If cross was on other side Young would've tucked in and attempted to challenge.

Not sure what he could've done for third.

He was too high, jogged back and no warning for Mings.

47 minutes ago, Oaks said:

He was too high, jogged back and no warning for Mings.

Was never going to catch Tete and up to Mings to either cut out the pass or push up quicker so Tete was offside. 

Being fullback in the modern age is all about taking risks so I'd say Kamarra ahead of everyone with the ball, you'd be quite confident he wouldn't be losing the ball seconds later so would start a run to get forward like we saw for our second yesterday.

On 04/02/2023 at 17:42, The_Steve said:

Him and Cash will be off in the summer. Unai clearly wants more technically minded full backs with dribbling and pace to their game and defensive reactivity. 

I can't see any clubs other than the Saudi's or a super rich club taking his wages.

Were going to struggle to shift him it was such a stupid signing.

Â