VillaTalk Deadpool 2022

Xela

5 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Considered posting it myself. Love this version of his song. 

Neil Young did a good version, too. 

It was the first song Tyson ever wrote. The story goes that he was mates with Bob Dylan in the early Greenwich Village days, heard "Blowin' in the Wind", thought "I can do that", and had an instant hit. His wife (and singing partner) Sylvia then thought she'd have a go, and also hit the jackpot with her first try ("Walk Right In", a big hit for The Rooftop Singers). 

This is my favourite Ian Tyson song: 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Wow. I was out last night and expected to log onto VT and see these pages rife with posts about Pele and Vivienne Westwood. Suprised how little discussion there is. 

Pele’s passing has prompted a few posts in the Other Football section. It might be a bit more subdued than it otherwise would have been because it’s felt like it was coming for a while now.

Vivienne Westwood, I think in the main you’re relying on posters who are 50 or over to have particularly strong memories or thoughts about her.

If I think of her, it’s fashion stuff and Malcolm McLaren. That’s pretty much it. In fairness that’s probably double the amount of things I could list about most fashion designers.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, bickster said:

The final scores on the doors, unless a death is announced late. All Players that scored over 50 listed

Shomin Geki  3 300
phil silvers 2 200
Sid4Ever 2 200
Sid Cow 2 134
sne 2 108
The Understudy 3 100
mandy 1 100
Bicks 1 100
Davkaus 1 100
Gareth RDR 1 100
motaloo 2 50
paddywhack 2 50
AJ 1 50

If I hadn’t swapped Loretta for Joan Plowright I would have made the list. 

• Haha 1