V Sport Investments Ltd - More Villa Clubs around the world?

MotoMkali

Also just had a peek at this read on the athletic. Kind of shows what we are going up against and how the global game is rapidly changing behind the scenes. I would have to imagine that NSWE will look to add more clubs to VSport as that is really the only way we can compete at the very top with the City Football Group & the future Saudi group.

Looks like San Diego have beaten the Vegas bid to become MLS' 30th team. Seems like there were a bunch of roadblocks stemming from the location, unfortunately. They'd have needed to build a new stadium which would have been extremely expensive given the Vegas climate, while San Diego already has one. The Vegas sports market has also rapidly become very saturated: a lot of other sporting ventures have set up there over the past few years.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/soccer/las-vegas-expected-to-lose-out-to-san-diego-for-mls-franchise-2778301/

Las Vegas appears set to miss out on netting another major league professional sports team.

Major League Soccer is expected to announce Thursday that San Diego will be awarded the league’s 30th franchise, according to a report by the San Diego Union-Tribune on Tuesday.

The team, to be owned by the London-based Monsour Group and the San Diego area Sycuan tribe, would begin play in 2025 at the already operational Snapdragon Stadium. The ownership group is expected to pay an expansion fee of about $500 million.

This development would indicate that Milwaukee Bucks co-owner Wes Edens and his business partner Nassef Sawiris’ bid to bring an expansion team to Las Vegas has hit a roadblock.

7 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Wonder where the next venture will be? Wouldn’t be surprised for us to get one in the Asian market soon. 

Asia or South America.  Would make sense give our South American players to have a direct link to a team there.

Vasco de Gama perhaps with the connection to Luiz and Coutinho.

Edited by duke313
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Asia or South America.  Would make sense give our South American players to have a direct link to a team there.

Vasco de Gama perhaps with the connection to Luiz and Coutinho.

And the V

• Like 1

I still despise the investment in other clubs. Much rather if building an empire to set up own clubs and build up instead of trying to takeover clubs with history and legacy

I would have hated when PSG were linked briefly to do similar to us in Championship

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I still despise the investment in other clubs. Much rather if building an empire to set up own clubs and build up instead of trying to takeover clubs with history and legacy

I would have hated when PSG were linked briefly to do similar to us in Championship

I think it's fine if it's just investment and having first dibs on some good players and the chance to loan some of ours. If we start changing the teams' kits, badges' etc, then it's more of an issue. Vitoria are still Vitoria, they just have some secure investment now.

• Like 2

There's a big AGM vote tomorrow for Vitoria where their members will vote on big amendments to their constitution to allow the V Sports arrangement.

Judging by their forum it shouldn't have any issues passing, although it seems there's a small group of chancers that have conveniently come up with letters expressing concerns and demands the day before. They apparently tried an even bolder strategy at the previous AGM in March, where some ex-player claimed he managed to get a clearly non existent multi-millionaire benefactor as an alternative the day before the vote. It was laughed off that time, and it appears the same is happening this time.

8 hours ago, wishywashy said:

There's a big AGM vote tomorrow for Vitoria where their members will vote on big amendments to their constitution to allow the V Sports arrangement.

Judging by their forum it shouldn't have any issues passing, although it seems there's a small group of chancers that have conveniently come up with letters expressing concerns and demands the day before. They apparently tried an even bolder strategy at the previous AGM in March, where some ex-player claimed he managed to get a clearly non existent multi-millionaire benefactor as an alternative the day before the vote. It was laughed off that time, and it appears the same is happening this time.

Damn chancers who dont want to be a feeder club to the imperialist attitude of bigger richer teams

On 18/05/2023 at 10:26, mikeyp102 said:

Wonder where the next venture will be? Wouldn’t be surprised for us to get one in the Asian market soon. 

South America. The Dibu stadium is already being planned.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Damn chancers who dont want to be a feeder club to the imperialist attitude of bigger richer teams

The attitude of the sheer majority of Vitoria fans (judging by March's vote which was 88% in favour of the deal) towards these people are that they're just power hungry, want to make a buck for themselves, and know this arrangement will kill off any chance they have of getting into positions of power.

A lot are saying that if they actually gave a crap about the club, they wouldn't be putting forward obscure, unsubstantiated alternatives the day before these meetings, when the proposals and dates have been known for months in advance.

It makes the ownership drama at Villa over the past decade look tame in comparison 😜

Also, their President has stated that V Sport's main focus will be at youth level and infrastructural: hiring coaches and making signings would still firmly belong in the hands of the SAD presidency.

Edited by wishywashy

Shame that Vegas Villains didn't work out.. but if it was going to cost them £500m to set up then maybe we'll see our plans sped up a bit. Not that they'd have turned the taps off for us for Vegas but £500m would put a dent in anybodies spending, silver linings and all that

On 18/05/2023 at 22:43, wishywashy said:

Passed, as expected. 63% in favour.

Edited by wishywashy

On 18/05/2023 at 11:49, Zatman said:

I still despise the investment in other clubs(…)I would have hated when PSG were linked briefly to do similar to us in Championship

Completely agree. I want no part of it. I support Aston Villa, «V Sports» or whatever  it’s called means nothing to me. 

I’ll go one step further and say I despise any and all private ownership and control of a football club, but that’s for another time. Clubs should be owned and controlled by their members, and certainly not fall under the yoke of a dominant club within an international «group». 

Makes me laugh when I see people on here saying loan our young players to Vitoria! they are a top tier Portuguese team who have European football next season not our feeder team. I’m fairly sure the investment in them isn’t for Aston Villa’s benefit.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

lower than i would have thought tbh?

Turnout is about a third of what it was at the March vote tbf, with the number of No votes pretty much the same as last time.

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 1

Â