Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

There are things he can do, like not sulking on the bench when losing and showing he cares right up to the final whistle and also not shooting straight down the tunnel at full time without acknowledging the fans.  It just smacks of someone who is a bit apathetic and it's no wonder the fans are too.

Dont forget the classic "Its on me" then blames the players

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Never known a manager to spout so much BS… it’s all WORSE NOW!

He's really starting to grate on me now...just get him gone ffs. Deluded, low standards, massive ego, no **** idea how to set up a midfield or attack.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Ifs and buts - while personality and history may play a part - 

If this was McLeish or Lambert or Remi or Tactics Tim with a similar record and similar dour, horrible football - heads would roll.

But since Gerrard was once a good player, he's given more time because he's a "winner"? 

So tiring watching every match now - just circling the drain.

I hate it. The English media perpetuates this silly mindset. It's why the state of English coaching is the way it is.

Look how much work Graham Potter for example had to put in to land that Chelsea job. He had to work miracles at Ostersund, do well at Swansea and get Brighton into the top half of the PL playing brilliant football. Then look at what it took for Frank Lampard to get that job. 1 year at Derby and becoming Dean Smith's son was enough apparently. 

• Like 2

Â