Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

All this talk about Gerrard will be gone by Monday if we lose/draw against Fulham and Brentford, do we really believe it deep down?

I mean he should have been pushed out the door many weeks ago, I’m pretty sure the result/performance will not be any worse than against Bournemouth, Crystal Palace, West Ham, Leeds or Nottingham. The procedure seems to be people predict that if he doesn’t get a result in the next match he will be gone, then we play badly and lose, and nothing happens, then we repeat.

Will this time be any difference?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Journalists always come away from trainings and press conference saying the mood is very " positive " .

So it really seems they don't dislike him.

Not sure if that makes it worse or better.

They are just fans as well really at the end of the day. They will always lap up what a player or manager says to them, same as if I met Scott Sinclair I’d be like “wow tell me all about playing at Villa” even though I don’t remember a single moment.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Out of the relegation zone on goal difference. What a great 12 months of progress there Stevie!

How much longer will the club wait until they decide he is not up to the job?! 

Continuous improvement lads. 

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I think the saddest part of his tenure is how he ran the form of some players into the ground and ruined their world cup hopes. Buendia is most likely not getting on that plane. Dougie is looking touch and go but that injury to Bouba might just have helped him there. Ironically even Coutinho might not even go, despite the best efforts by the manager to get him back firing to the detriment of the rest of the team.

I think it will just be Martinez, Cash, Bednarek and Dendoncker going.

The talk in summer that we would have players in Argentina, England, France and Brazil squad so chance of a World Cup winner and most have been dropped because of his mess

• Like 1

I think the saddest part of his tenure is how he ran the form of some players into the ground and ruined their world cup hopes. Buendia is most likely not getting on that plane. Dougie is looking touch and go but that injury to Bouba might just have helped him there. Ironically even Coutinho might not even go, despite the best efforts by the manager to get him back firing to the detriment of the rest of the team.

From a selfish and Villa standpoint I don't find that sad at all.

Can't stand international football. I find it really dull and also greatly risk injuries and fatigue on our players.

14 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

From a selfish and Villa standpoint I don't find that sad at all.

Can't stand international football. I find it really dull and also greatly risk injuries and fatigue on our players.

The problem is the players don’t agree with you, they will want to go to the World Cup more than anything and being dropped will surely affect their general motivation (and possibly how they perform for the club). I almost can’t imagine how Coutinho would react to being dropped, it’s his last chance after all.

• Like 1

Watkins and Mings have both regressed at International level since Gerrard took over. He's the manager to ruin international careers. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Watkins and Mings have both regressed at International level since Gerrard took over. He's the manager to ruin international careers. 

Everyone has regressed, I mean look at the state of McGinn, he don't look good enough for the Championship this season but takes the captaincy and continues to start.

I've been looking at a few bodymoor training videos, an to be honest it looks like a kick about down the park, none of them are bothered warming up either.

I wished I hadn’t listened to the presser yesterday, just thinking this morning about the “try” positivity from Gerrard and even a reporter about being much higher in the table and then you look at the PL table. We are on the same points as 18th place, we have 9 points in 10 games, have scored only 7 goals, have a negative 6 goal difference, we’ve lost half of our league games this season and a 20% win percentage. Just makes me mad!

• Like 4

Â