Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

But if we are genuinely interested in Poch or Emery, and they are even a tiny bit interested. You’d move heaven and earth to get them and get rid of the manger 99% of fans want rid of.

You’d hope someone close to the board will be looking at these fan boards and see no-one wants gerrard no more, it didn’t work now cut out losses and give pochettino what ever he wants, I just want to go to games and enjoy them again 

If other results go our way a loss to Fulham might not be so disatrous if it in fact does lead to Gerrard's departure and us bringing in someone better, mais that's if a defeat does lead to his sacking, wouldn't surprise me that even we did lose the excuse would be we can't sack him because we have another game in a few days.

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I do wonder if the expectation has been successfully quashed by Gerrard to the extent that surviving relegation is a triumph.

I mean, when the expectation is for Chelsea to wipe the floor with us it wouldn’t surprise me.

Indeed. He’s thrown the players under the bus enough times already without taking the blame for those who stare lovingly into his eyes to believe him as he’s lowered expectations and laid the groundwork for a shit season under his talentless management. 

2 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Indeed. He’s thrown the players under the bus enough times already without taking the blame for those who stare lovingly into his eyes to believe him as he’s lowered expectations and laid the groundwork for a shit season under his talentless management. 

You can just see him repeating the 4 unbeaten and done by injuries to Carlos, Kamara, Digne and Cash recently in a meeting with the board. 

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Haha so he didn't meet expectations? This is why you can't be taken serious. Survived and cup final with a team that had to play wesley, davis and samatta up front, and according to you, claiming he met expectations is painting a picture to suit my narrative. But Gerrard, sitting in 16th, after an abysmal 12 months and here you are making excuses and wanting more time. 

It's absolutely hilarious. 

You are a comic.

you can stick expectations, where you like.....thats all they are, bubbles to be burst.

We was lead to believe, Wesley and Samatta was good players, something you would have claimed if SG was in charge, (they was presumably Deans signings), you would then have possibly said, but he has failed to get anything out of them......your narrative is dubiously selective.

I think 8 wins in the calendar year, is a lot to ask a club to wear......If I was asking for more time on his behalf, I would be expected to be scrutinsed, as to what was going on, to affect a positive outcome i.e what will the extra time bring?.....or I would be phoning Graham Potter and asking what he said, when he presided over 9 wins in his first season.

I do always get the impression, that you seem to be looking for revenge for Deans dismissal, that could be wrong of course, but your comments do lead me down that path.

I can't condone, 8 wins, anymore than I would have condoned Grahams offering at Brighton......but some administrations stick and some twist.

we will have to see what ours does.

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, av1 said:

Though I don’t agree with you @TROi do respect the fact that you’re sticking to your guns and what you believe is right when almost everyone around you has the opposite view. 

I mean that BTW mate it’s not a sarcastic dig. 

I was about to say the same thing but my effort sounded shite

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, duke313 said:

What about the fact he said he would pick players on merit, and then refuses to drop players (McGinn, Watkins, Coutinho) who are underperforming. Constantly dropping Buendia for the underperforming Coutinho. Sanson hasn’t played a single minute. Archer barely features. He’s looking for solutions to problems he’s created himself.

If you are questioning him team selection.....you could that with every manager in the league, I guess other fans do.

very rarely, Have I always agree with what managers choose....I can level that at every manager, we have ever had....but I just accept it as their decision, and they have to live by it or die by it.

In some situations, you could be right, but don't all managers create problems and then have to find solutions.....thats their job.

You just hope they don't create too many.

Results, performances, stats, style of play, atmosphere, transfers. 

Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, average. 

Its literally going against the interests of the club keeping him here. But he’s also a sky sports #legend so maybe he does deserve more time.

1 minute ago, Woody1000 said:

Lighten up Nick, he’ll be gone soon!

I don’t find him being here funny! Sorry about that!  We said he’d be gone soon weeks ago but looks like he’ll still be here for at least another game maybe two and given things he may ride it out to the WC, then who knows!  I’m not enjoying this at the moment like most Villa fans….

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, av1 said:

Though I don’t agree with you @TROi do respect the fact that you’re sticking to your guns and what you believe is right when almost everyone around you has the opposite view. 

I mean that BTW mate it’s not a sarcastic dig. 

Thank you for your view.

I think, with tongue in cheek, some folk think I am happy, with the situation.......a million miles from it.

If I was younger, I would be screaming at the pitch, but age mellows you, and makes you look for more rationale opinions.

You have to remember, contrary to what some folk may think.....I am not dismissing opposite views to me out of hand, and I am in the main, being devils advocate.

some are right.....I have no evidence, he will turn this around.....but thay fail to see, they have no evidence, he won't......I will accept the odds are in their favour....the next 2 games will show a much clearer picture in my view.

While I cannot offer hard fast evidence, I have done my best, to offer a line of thought, to support, my support for an exisiting manager.....I accept some differing views have credence , but some, I am not convinced.

but thanks anyway.

just remember, one of us is right.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Keep fighting Stevie! = Villa suffer!

well, at least all the plug sockets are empty and his Liverpool Plaques are gone.....so you might get your way.

Edited by TRO

Just now, nick76 said:

I don’t find him being here funny! Sorry about that!  We said he’d be gone soon weeks ago but looks like he’ll still be here for at least another game maybe two and given things he may ride it out to the WC, then who knows!  I’m not enjoying this at the moment like most Villa fans….

I wouldn’t have thought he has long, if the telegraph are getting wind then something is probably close. Please don’t start to imply ’better fan than you’ stuff mate, I’m just having a bit of fun on our forum. 

Â