Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 hour ago, useless said:

Me no read the Percy article, but if it's as the headline suggests then it's probably the club preparing the possibility for the media, fans, and so on, for the possiblity of Gerrard losing his job.

This was my take. Percy is very well connected with the club, and I suspect would not write that unless it was stirring.

wes and Nassef in town is also not great for Gerrard’s chances.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

He’s tried everything he knows, which when it comes to coaching and tactics isn’t much?

Yes indeed! I've said previously, on this thread or another, that I think that the main problem with him is that he's just a bit thick. Some people realise they're thick and they openly admit and keep themselves out of harms way by limiting their own horizons. The dangerous ones don't realise that they're thick and do untold damage given the opportunity.

Stevies most definitely the latter!

• Like 4

Just now, SimplyTheBez said:

Yes indeed! I've said previously, on this thread or another, that I think that the main problem with him is that he's just a bit thick. Some people realise they're thick and they openly admit and keep themselves out of harms way by limiting their own horizons. The dangerous ones don't realise that they're thick and do untold damage given the opportunity.

Stevies most definitely the latter!

Well said!

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

At last!  The kind of article I've been waiting for.  Hopefully Wes and Nas are over to do business this weekend.

What I took from the article is that he’d likely get the Fulham game, possible the Brentford game.

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I’m afraid he’ll get until the World cup break no matter what.

It’s obvious to me Purslow has seen SG as a very long time solution, he was supposed to be the beginning of an era at the club. With that view it’ll take a lot for Purslow to change his mind.

Won’t be purslow who pulls the trigger - as for getting to the World Cup - not a chance , the game is up for him .

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, SimplyTheBez said:

Gerrard has secured just 36 points from 32 matches since Boxing Day. Perhaps for the first time, there were chants demanding his dismissal after the 1-1 draw at Nottingham Forest on Monday night.

Cheers for that.

For what it’s worth and with statto head on, I think Percy is wrong and it’s actually 32 points from 30 games from (and including) Boxing Day defeat against Chelsea onwards.

W8 D8 L14

Edited by Mark Albrighton

I don't think the time for jumping on the owners backs is now. Everything they have and are doing is to try and benefit the club. Where I do think the fans could and probably should be more proactive is calling for the managers head at VP. He's been getting a free ride the last couple of months in the hope the never, never occurs. I really think Villa fans have been too patient with Gerrard in this instance. 

Listening to Gerrards presser (why I did I don't understand myself) it's clear he is still expecting/hoping for some miraculous turn around. Personally, I would expect more from a manager whose team create absolutely FA to be relying on a little more than things just clicking. Like working out how to create more for a start or change the system to benefit the players.

I think he's starting to sound like a PR bellend full of buzz words and cliches that have no substance because he is still blind to the problems he's created. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

What I took from the article is that he’d likely get the Fulham game, possible the Brentford game.

In fairness it looked like pure guess work to me . Percy said defeat on Sunday followed by poor results against Fulham and Brentford could see him in danger. Well duh, you don’t have to be a genius to work that one out.

55 minutes ago, Xela said:

Any fans who turn on the owners need to have a word with themselves. 

The club would have gone bankrupt without them. Remember that. 

I guess when you put it that way, it sounds wrong, I liked the comment, I more took at is make sure the owners know of our frustration at the current situation.

After reading your post though, I wouldn't want anything done that actually made us come across an ungrateful.

I need calm heads like yours, to keep me from losing mine completely.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

Imagine if the owners are in town to offer him a 5 year contract extension to match what Forrest did… 😂

I know you're kidding but thankfully - no chance. Cooper had actually shown something besides incompetence unlike Gerrard.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Ain't going nowhere any time soon. I worry for many of you, how will you cope?

How long is soon? Take it you mean the weekend but don’t include Monday in that 😉

i think a poor display and defeat v Chelsea and he will be gone within 24 hours 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Ain't going nowhere any time soon. I worry for many of you, how will you cope?

" The board desperately want Project Gerrard to work " and " trying to block out outside noise " would signal as much.

However, as " back post " as Percy is... The only people who know anything for certain are the actual board.

• Like 1

He will be gone by this time next week. We will lose against Chelsea , hopefully not too badly but they look bang on form ATM...... with a manager we could have got this summer and maybe last summer or as a replacement for Smith November 21. 

Purslow can't pick our next manager, we need changes at that level with football intelligence and experience. Purslow can do the commercial stuff.

• Like 4

Â