Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

6 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

Disagree. I believe it will have a worse effect on morale and leave us in a worse place. I rather be sacking Gerrard from a position of strength (unbeaten, drawing games) rather than being "battered" by teams.

What is more likely to get him sacked ?

That's like saying ' I would rather be sacking him from a position of strength( unbeaten and winning games) than being battered by teams.

Losing a game we traditionally lose and are not expected by the footballing world to get a result from, 1 nil isn't going to do anything.

Losing 4 nil will upset people including those who own the club.

He's a fraud, a plush haired chancer who has been found out. He's draining our club of enjoyment and any chance of improving.

Time for once in our recent history, to go for a proven successful manager, the last couple times we did that we had big fat Ron, sir GT then MON, all 3 were high profile for their management qualities and all 3 brought the club up and relative success.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The media is picking up on this now how unhappy the fans are. ts, the media, sky etc.

Bad result as expected on sunday an di think he will be sacked come monday. He has been here a year so only 2 years of a payoff to give him

I'm still convinced he will be given to the World Cup to turn things round, it's a natural break. We have six games, and I expect that he will need 9 points from those six games to keep us out of trouble and keep his job. Of course if we have our trousers taken down at the weekend at home and it turns toxic they may be forced to act, but if we keep the score down and give them a game then he will continue in post.

• Like 1

If he manages to get the points and keep his job before the World Cup I can see them giving him the rest of the season to see if things improve, and then assess what needs to be done in the summer. Of course that requires Gerrard not to make a complete Horlicks of it and have us threatened with relegation. Another thing that concerns me is we have several players that want to play in the World Cup but are currently not in their national squads. Their form has been awful, and I am surprised that they are not a) trying harder, b) kicking off about the system they are being told to play by Gerrard. I'm also concerned that Gerrard seems to be under the impression that his system will work, when there is scant evidence to back up that claim. He should change it to support the players he has.

16 hours ago, sidcow said:

I know, I know 

It just makes me laugh that so many people think bookies are some kind of source of inside information instead of a pure mathematical mechanism that reacts directly to bets placed with them. 

Well he’s odds on now with Skybet so you know what that mean?

Something is happening ! 😃

27 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

If he manages to get the points and keep his job before the World Cup I can see them giving him the rest of the season to see if things improve, and then assess what needs to be done in the summer. Of course that requires Gerrard not to make a complete Horlicks of it and have us threatened with relegation. Another thing that concerns me is we have several players that want to play in the World Cup but are currently not in their national squads. Their form has been awful, and I am surprised that they are not a) trying harder, b) kicking off about the system they are being told to play by Gerrard. I'm also concerned that Gerrard seems to be under the impression that his system will work, when there is scant evidence to back up that claim. He should change it to support the players he has.

This would be incredibly weak leadership. It would be based on nothing but blind hope something magical clicks. 

Well, I would think that the owners would see it as backing their choice as manager and giving him time to become accustomed to the job. By the way I'm not putting forward my preference, just what I think may happen.

9 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

Appointing Gerrard 11 months ago, investing in him and now sacking him isn't a good thing. The club has failed with this appointment. 

I want him gone today but your saying your reluctant to take the risk by replacing him 😕

We need to learn a lesson from West Brom and Bruce.

Apparently, they were considering sacking Bruce after the Small Heath defeat, but decided to stick with him to give him a chance to turn it around.

They are now in the relegation spots.

I really hope we are not making the same stupid mistake.

• Thanks 1

They may be. I doubt they expect much from the Chelsea game, but following that we have Fulham (Away) and Brentford (Home) and I think that will be critical for Gerrards future. Lose those and we are running out of points to gain from club around our level in the league.

4 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

They may be. I doubt they expect much from the Chelsea game, but following that we have Fulham (Away) and Brentford (Home) and I think that will be critical for Gerrards future. Lose those and we are running out of points to gain from club around our level in the league.

Not aiming this at you but we need to be getting wins from those games with the position we are currently in, draws won’t suffice.

I don't think I can hack out this fraud until Xmas or the World Cup break. 

By then, we could be in massive trouble. Gerrard has already thrown players under the bus after picking up a point, imagine what he's gonna roll out if we are in the bottom 3, getting tonked every week. 

He wasn't the right choice a year ago, he isn't the right choice now and you could give him 500 years here and he'd still not be the right choice. The board, especially Purslow, need to suck it up and accept they've made an error of judgement, sack the clown then appoint someone who is not basically a 'apprentice'. 

9 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I totally agree mate, and I for my part I could chill out....

However what is stopping me is that if this was any other manager, he would be gone already.

It's a disgrace that people like Purslow are "hoping" this sorts itself out, hoping because they need to save face.

Right now there is absolutely no logical reason he should be here still.

This decision could potentially put us down a league, and for anyone calling me hysterical, make sure you can guarantee it won't happen when you do.

This World Cup is going to be very disruptive and I don't want to be teetering on, or even worse in, the relegation spots.

I don't think I am hysterical (at least not at the moment 😅) and I feel we are looking like one of three worst teams in league. 

We are not one of the three worst teams in league, we are being made to look that way by and extremely incompetent manager AND mostly useless backroom staff I might add.

I've been told I'm a shit supporter for wanting us to lose, but I have our best interests at heart.

Like you said, just gotta wait this out 

Agree its approaching time for him to go. But it's not right to say there is absolutely no logical reason he should be here still. We have no idea what is going on behind the scenes. There could be all sorts of logical reasons why it makes sense to hold fire at the moment. It's actually quite likely that conversations are going on with other potential targets, this is common when managers start to struggle. For all we know there may be advanced conversations with another manager, and until we reach a deal it makes sense to keep the current structure in place. Purslow seems like a smart operator and he wouldn't have got to where he is without taking tough decisions at the expense of personal relationships. 

Also, I for one will be delighted if we beat Chelsea on Sunday 😀 

• Like 1

Â