Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

4 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

NSWE have a lot to answer for in this whole mess. They employed Gerrard and are now delaying sacking him while things get worse. They have hardly invested in this transfer window yet expect European qualification. All they have done since taking us over is got us promoted via the play offs (something that Xia almost achieved) and produce some fancy drawings of what VP could look like if it were to be improved. We are no better off than we were 4 seasons ago when we first came up in terms of performances, results and league position!

Apart from being in higher division. 

56 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Our digital teams are absolutely amateur

Well it would be a bit awkward if they were good at their job when everyone else at the club is terrible at theirs. 

Amazing how quickly we've gone backwards since Dean left.

Sadly, Gerrard won't be sacked now. Otherwise they'd have sacked him before the game.

Even our leadership has gone backwards for not being able to see how blindingly obvious it is that Gerrard has to go. 

Get out of our club you fraud of a manager.

I rolled my eyes at the Gerrard-haters last year, but I've lost confidence in him over the past month or so. McGinn as captain? I raised an eyebrow. Bournemouth? I sensed something was amiss but still hoped. West Ham? The second half subs pretty much convinced me. Today? I'm officially in the Gerrard out camp.

To the extent he had some positives last year, I suspect they mostly came from Beale. 

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Well it would be a bit awkward if they were good at their job when everyone else at the club is terrible at theirs. 

Amazing how quickly we've gone backwards since Dean left.

Sadly, Gerrard won't be sacked now. Otherwise they'd have sacked him before the game.

Even our leadership has gone backwards for not being able to see how blindingly obvious it is that Gerrard has to go. 

Get out of our club you fraud of a manager.

I don't follow this reasoning?

I didn’t watch tonight’s game. I had far, far better things to do. I’m really not sure I want to watch on Saturday, either. 

Steve Gerrard’s «management» has turned watching us play into the grinding chore, the reluctant and borderline masochistic ritual it used to be at the nadir of Steve Bruce’s reign. It’s arguably worse. There is no plan, no pride, no charm, no togetherness, no flair, no passion. Nothing. 

I’ll probably watch us against Man City, but only because I like going to the pub and have a few with my guys. Not because I want to watch us play. 

So f*** off, please, Stevie. You’re ruining the Villa for me. 

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

I don't follow this reasoning?

They can't possibly have expected anything other than a loss away to the team top of the league with a 100% record.  A very close 2-1 defeat is better than anyone who is sane would have expected.

Ergo, I don't see why they would sack him now, given they didn't before the game. 

Maybe they have already made the decision but are waiting for his replacement to give them an indication they'll commit, but I suspect not given how poorly they've been running the football side of the club lately.

14 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Where did you read about our wage bill? I’ve seen lists where it’s the 7th highest, but those figures weren’t confirned.

I saw it on a website called Spotrac. They had the top six, Leicester, us, Newcastle and West Ham. I saw us 7th somewhere else. I don’t know if there is a confirmed or verified database due to confidentiality, etc. but it appears that we are likely between 7th and 9th. 

I feel sorry for him now, he sounds and looks a broken, defeated man. This job has done it to so many managers over the last 12-13 years.

Better for everyone that this daft experiment is just brought to an end, apathy is really taking hold - I couldn’t be arsed to celebrate our short lived equaliser or shout at the telly for the two arsenal goals…I just feel sad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

They can't possibly have expected anything other than a loss away to the team top of the league with a 100% record.  A very close 2-1 defeat is better than anyone who is sane would have expected.

Ergo, I don't see why they would sack him now, given they didn't before the game. 

Maybe they have already made the decision but are waiting for his replacement to give them an indication they'll commit, but I suspect not given how poorly they've been running the football side of the club lately.

Well they could've decided prior to the game to sack him, or tonight may have just tipped them over the edge. I know we expected to lose but there's very little positives to take from that showing.

• Sad 1

Just now, juanpablosaliceband said:

I saw it on a website called Spotrac. They had the top six, Leicester, us, Newcastle and West Ham. I saw us 7th somewhere else. I don’t know if there is a confirmed or verified database due to confidentiality, etc. but it appears that we are likely between 7th and 9th. 

I saw that a few weeks ago.  With the spending of Newcastle and west ham lately I suspect we're now below them but almost certainly still top half. Maybe above Leicester now.

Gerrard has reason to be upset with our summer business, but he's massively underperforming regardless. 

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Well they could've decided prior to the game to sack him, or tonight may have just tipped them over the edge. I know we expected to lose but there's very little positives to take from that showing.

I hope you're right and he's gone tomorrow. I'm just assuming the worst. 

For me his loss the dressing room week after week and it all started preseason the captaincy and Mings debacle, Freezing out of players out of the squad, just to much rumblings coming out from the dressing room.

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I don't necessarily think he will be (he should be of course) but it wouldn't surprise me.

He won’t get chop tomorrow, especially if they are trying to get in a couple of players.  He will get the city defeat and then the chop

30 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

NSWE have a lot to answer for in this whole mess. They employed Gerrard and are now delaying sacking him while things get worse. They have hardly invested in this transfer window yet expect European qualification. All they have done since taking us over is got us promoted via the play offs (something that Xia almost achieved) and produce some fancy drawings of what VP could look like if it were to be improved. We are no better off than we were 4 seasons ago when we first came up in terms of performances, results and league position!

Both of the owners need a good hard look at themselves they appointed him along with Purslow and when will they wake up it aren't working.

Totally agree we spend peanuts this transfer window and they want top 6 alot we're bargain buys and free transfers.We never replaced Jack at all even half his quality and then hired a rookie manager.

Â