Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Just now, AvonVillain said:

To be fair, I'm not sure you would've heard many Arsenal fans philosophically agreeing with this at the time. I know phone-ins aren't much to go by, but Arsenal fans were frothing at the mouth speaking about Arteta relegating them if he wasn't sacked.

The one thing I'm looking forward to when SG is gone, is not having to read or scroll past so much invective and name calling. Most of our feelings are pretty clear by now. It's also clear that he's struggling and this opportunity came way too soon.

I agree with this. I dont enjoy wanting the manager gone I really dont. I just want it over and I want us to be the ambitious club looking up that the owners want. If that happens by a Deano style 10 in a row miracle under Gerrard then great. But assuming thats not going to happen I would sooner make the change now. 

Anyway I not gonna call Gerrard  names. I hope he can find top form but I have seen zero evidence he can.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, useless said:

i watched the whole press conference and he didn't actually compare our bad start to Arsenal's last season, he mentioned it in passing but didn't make any comparison between that and our current situation

At the end of the press conference when one of the journalists tried to compare our start to this season to Arsenal's start to last season Gerrard outright replied by saying

'I don't want to compare this situation to Arsenal I think that's irrelevant'.

There are reasons enough to be critical of Gerrard at the moment, but him comparing us to Arsenal and their start last season isn't one of them, because he didn't actually do it, or at least not in today's press conference.

There was nothing wrong with anything he said at the press conference. But everything can get twisted if people really want to, especially if they haven’t actually seen it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Swerbs said:

He's shit and needs to go but scum is a bit much isn't it?

First of all played for Liverpool, so it's probably a bit light. But he's also created a toxic dressing room, stripped the captaincy from the best representative of the club we've had since Petrov. Has bombed out a number of players from the squad. So no I don't think calling him scum is a bit much. He's clearly a stubborn, egotistical prick. 

1 minute ago, villaliver said:

Probably gonna be slated terrible for this but i would get Arsenal & Man City over than give him 3 games if he dont win more 2 games out of the 5 then i would sack him. 

And if he does manage to win two, is he going to magically improve after that? He'll still be a terrible manager and coach. The evidence for it is staggering.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Tom13 said:

And if he does manage to win two, is he going to magically improve after that? He'll still be a terrible manager and coach.

well lets go with a 5 game basis after all football is a results business if we lose 5 games in a row or only manages to get a draw out of 5 games then he should go 

38 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

There was nothing wrong with anything he said at the press conference. But everything can get twisted if people really want to, especially if they haven’t actually seen it.

He actually said some good things. Especially around everyone rallying together etc.

However this is the problem I have , not just on here, but social media on a whole.

Total lack of nuance, can't be an in-between.

Then people think if you don't start slagging every single facet of everything the man has ever done in his life, you're not " with them ".

Obviously at the end of the day, words are just that though.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I feel more anxious about us by the minute. I can't wait until Gerrard's gone and am even debating whether I actually want to watch us tomorrow night. It's that painful to sit through.

We disagree about a lot but I am the same. Nothing good will come of me watching the game. I am just going to be angry when I see us playing the same way and I don't want to be one of those negative guys in a match thread when other fans are trying to back the team during a game. I just dont believe any more.

If we win I will be delighted to shower Gerrard with praise. But I have no desire to see another Villa spanking under Gerrard. Its too depressing. 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

Â